The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
68Redhead

Figured I'd start my thread

Hi everyone, thought it was about time I'd start my build thread since I'm going to start adding the things I've acquired throughout year. The truck belonged to my grandfather for about 20 years and on Christmas Eve 2011, I was passing time about 11pm and searched the word "turbo" on craigslist and the guy my grandfather sold it to a couple years ago had posted the truck earlier that day. When my g-pa sold it, the place I was working at was shutting down or I was on unemployment so I didn't want it to get away again! I Went and looked at it on Christmas day, verified with my g-pa that he was the guy he sold it to and two weeks later I had the title in hand!

It's a '68 1/2 ton 327/th400 with heat, pb, and ps. It had a bedliner for 73-87 trucks that I took out. The pass. fender and pass. door where the door hinges attach needs a little work along with spots that my g-pa touched up inside the cab. It's not perfect but I'll do my best to keep it as long as I can and pass it on some day I've got a small stash of parts that need installed and I'm fairly uncertain on what all I want to do to truck.

I've got:
2" front springs
3" rear springs
1.25" front sway bar
hood and pass. door hinges
VH Coachworks Headlight harness
and a tailgate that I'm rattlecanning

I bought a '71 Chevelle when I was 15(had for 10 years now) so now I got something to bring a BBC home with!
68Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote