The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
jeh

1/10 Rock Crawlers????

Just wondering if anybody on here is in to the 1/10 scale Crawlers? I've had a couple of nitro trucks and I've been kicking around the idea of a Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho or a Buggy. I've been lurking the websites at some of the ones people have built and they are awesome with all the realistic accessories and components they have available. Even some of the pics look so real it makes you look twice to tell the difference. Any info or suggestions would be great. (Pics even better)
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

MY BUILD THREAD http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=612623
jeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: 1/10 Rock Crawlers????

Outside of the RC Nylint 4x4’s Wal-Mart was selling about 10 years ago I don’t have any experience with RC’s but I sure have a want for this thing! Been dropping a lot of hints to the wife for Christmas present ideas

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
Just wondering if anybody on here is in to the 1/10 scale Crawlers? I've had a couple of nitro trucks and I've been kicking around the idea of a Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho or a Buggy. I've been lurking the websites at some of the ones people have built and they are awesome with all the realistic accessories and components they have available. Even some of the pics look so real it makes you look twice to tell the difference. Any info or suggestions would be great. (Pics even better)
I guess I am into RC rock crawlers, and custom building scale trucks.

Axial trucks are really great little rigs, you can't go wrong. Have you seen this one yet, its made by Vaterra ?

Here is a link on it to show all its goodies

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vtr03023.htm

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This one of many of my RC trucks, its just a trail truck.

This is my shop.

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
jeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Outside of the RC Nylint 4x4’s Wal-Mart was selling about 10 years ago I don’t have any experience with RC’s but I sure have a want for this thing! Been dropping a lot of hints to the wife for Christmas present ideas
I was going to buy one last weekend but my wife said it would make a good Christmas present, so I guess I can wait a couple months
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro2 View Post
I guess I am into RC rock crawlers, and custom building scale trucks.

Axial trucks are really great little rigs, you can't go wrong. Have you seen this one yet, its made by Vaterra ?

Here is a link on it to show all its goodies

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vtr03023.htm

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This one of many of my RC trucks, its just a trail truck.

This is my shop.

WOW, very nice collection. I really like the white pickup, it just looks so real. I see what looks to be a Toyota Hilux tucked away in there? Thats kind of what I was going to do with the Axial Honcho, I like the looks of the Toyota hard bodies with a set of old school white spokes and a set of TSL Swampers. Where did you get your Toyota body? I'm probably have a million questions to ask because I'm trying to learn about the R/C "addiction".
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

Old 10-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
jeh

I just checked out the Vaterra Blazer, I wonder if they offer it in a RTR kit? I really like a lot of the features it has especially how you can change the wheel base easy. I could even paint it up like the old '86 Blazer I used to have
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
jeffro2

Hello jeh,

1st off, Thank you for all the kind words. and if you get hooked, Welcome to your new addiction.

Yes you spotted a hard body Toyota, actually I have 3 older Toyota Hilux's and a 4th one still in the box. There's also a Tundra in there.

Have you looked on RC4WD's website, they have a couple Toyota's. This is the ready to run version.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-...et_p_3805.html

I'm sometimes slow to answer, so, don't give up on me.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
jeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro2 View Post
Hello jeh,

1st off, Thank you for all the kind words. and if you get hooked, Welcome to your new addiction.

Yes you spotted a hard body Toyota, actually I have 3 older Toyota Hilux's and a 4th one still in the box. There's also a Tundra in there.

Have you looked on RC4WD's website, they have a couple Toyota's. This is the ready to run version.

http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-...et_p_3805.html

I'm sometimes slow to answer, so, don't give up on me.

Decisions, decisions, I want them all!!!! I noticed your Toyota has the round headlights, is that an older kit? I really liked the Blazer you linked to me last night, but after seeing the Toyota I like it as well. I really like the looks of them with patina paint and multi-colored body parts, they just look like a real truck. Your white crew cab would fool somebody in a picture as well, it looks awesome. Are any of your Toyotas the RC4WD kits? I hate to bother you with all these questions. Thanks, Jason
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

Old 10-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #8
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
Decisions, decisions, I want them all!!!! I noticed your Toyota has the round headlights, is that an older kit? I really liked the Blazer you linked to me last night, but after seeing the Toyota I like it as well. I really like the looks of them with patina paint and multi-colored body parts, they just look like a real truck. Your white crew cab would fool somebody in a picture as well, it looks awesome. Are any of your Toyotas the RC4WD kits? I hate to bother you with all these questions. Thanks, Jason
Hi Jason,

I understand that, I want them all !! lol

I have the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 kit version.

Then the other ones are Tamiya Toyota's. 1st is a reproduction body used with the Tamiya Toyota HighLift.. Its my own creation using axial scx10 chassis with a Tamiya highlift 3 spd transmission. Its a Frankenstein

This one is a 2012 RE- release of the original Toyota Bruiser that came out in the 80's

This is another Frankenstein with the Toyota highlift body which is basically the same body on the Bruiser.. (confused yet, I was at first. )

And.... I have a new one sitting in the box, ready to build... This one..and, Yes, I'm addicted to RC

Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #9
jeh

Very cool pics, after some research this evening and watching Youtube clips till my eyes bugged out, I think I have an idea. I was thinking of getting an Axial SCX10 and putting a Tamiya Toyota hard cab on it and leaving the tube flatbed on, kind of the "truggy" look. Of course some faded paint and a set of white spoke wheels
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2