The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: should we add a NOS parts sub section to the classified
yes add a NOS sub section 72 51.06%
no there is no need for it 69 48.94%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #76
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Re: should we have a sub group here

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
I was making a joke. Post number 8 is my thoughts.
What If I have NOS blazer parts for sale? When would it end?
Im joking too. Well if you have nos blazer parts ya post em in the nos blazer parts section. Seems all so simple to me

1971 GMC Sierra Grande 2WD 1/2 ton, 350/400 auto
2008 Chevy Silverado 2WD 1/2 ton LT1 5.3L auto
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #77
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Seems to me another sub-group would add unnecessary clutter to the board, to potentially benefit a relatively small group of NOS buyers & sellers.

JMO, don't shoot me!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #78
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Seems to me another sub-group would add unnecessary clutter to the board, to potentially benefit a relatively small group of NOS buyers & sellers.

JMO, don't shoot me!
Thats interesting to me. I have the opposite view of it. As in, I looked at it as anti clutter. Im viewing it as moving the nos guys away from the oem guys and we wouldnt have to dance around each other

Old 10-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #79
a1vintage69

So have any of you thought , Oh how about the 73-87 guys gonna have to clean up those sections too. NOT!!! VOTE NO on the POLE. Just scroll on by any NOS parts you can't afford just like you scroll on by the the hundreds of used parts you aren't going to buy! pretty easy eh!
This blind guy can play so lighten up and listen. When The Night Falls From The Sky!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siuXtG4-Tbo
a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #80
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1vintage69 View Post
So have any of you thought , Oh how about the 73-87 guys gonna have to clean up those sections too. NOT!!! VOTE NO on the POLE. Just scroll on by any NOS parts you can't afford just like you scroll on by the the hundreds of used parts you aren't going to buy! pretty easy eh!
This blind guy can play so lighten up and listen. When The Night Falls From The Sky!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siuXtG4-Tbo
I can afford to buy everything you own, I'm just not dumb enough to

Old 10-20-2018, 11:18 AM   #81
a1vintage69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71sierragrande View Post
I can afford to buy everything you own, I'm just not dumb enough to
Be NICE Grande! You Rich. How about all the nos parts in the Blazer sub group ? are we going to have a sub sub section for Blazer parts too??
Old 10-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #82
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
Be NICE Grande! You Rich. How about all the nos parts in the Blazer sub group ? are we going to have a sub sub section for Blazer parts too??
Makes it nice and simple, doesn't it? No BS, right to where you want to be

Old 10-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #83
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Guys
As close as the poll goes I doubt very seriously any changes would be made. If it was a blowout of people for it I could see the effort to change it. Please don't turn the thread hostile. It was to gather opinions not fights

Thanks Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #84
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
And I only made that crack because you implied that we weren't buying NOS because we couldn't afford it. That's not why we don't buy NOS.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #85
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

BTW there really is not much of a comparison between this page vs the Blazer or even the 73-87 pages. the 73-87 page on the 1st page has posts all the way back to 10-15. On this page you have to scroll just shy of 5 pages to get to the 15th. There is a huge traffic difference between the pages
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #86
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Guys
As close as the poll goes I doubt very seriously any changes would be made. If it was a blowout of people for it I could see the effort to change it. Please don't turn the thread hostile. It was to gather opinions not fights

Thanks Richard
Naw, it's a good ol american debate

Old 10-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #87
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
BTW there really is not much of a comparison between this page vs the Blazer or even the 73-87 pages. the 73-87 page on the 1st page has posts all the way back to 10-15. On this page you have to scroll just shy of 5 pages to get to the 15th. There is a huge traffic difference between the pages
That's kinda what I'm saying. Huge traffic on this page. Could be split up for ease of use. And there are no fights that I can see here, just people talking

Old 10-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #88
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I already posted that Im totally against this ... But ... after reading through the parts board this morning and seeing that it is totally dominated buy a few high octane sellers with only a couple regular people sprinkled in, I have an idea.

How bout a high octane sales area like we have a vendors area. All of us regular sell a few things here and there guys wouldn't be knocked off the main page after one of the high octane guys fills up the front page?

Just a thought =)

BTW I don't have a problem in the least with the High Octane guys, I actually appreciate what they bring to the board. Hard to blame them when hard to find pieces and NOS stuff has gone through the proverbial roof. One guy steps up to the high prices and we are off to the moon.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #89
countr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I already posted that Im totally against this ... But ... after reading through the parts board this morning and seeing that it is totally dominated buy a few high octane sellers with only a couple regular people sprinkled in, I have an idea.

How bout a high octane sales area like we have a vendors area. All of us regular sell a few things here and there guys wouldn't be knocked off the main page after one of the high octane guys fills up the front page?

Just a thought =)

BTW I don't have a problem in the least with the High Octane guys, I actually appreciate what they bring to the board. Hard to blame them when hard to find pieces and NOS stuff has gone through the proverbial roof. One guy steps up to the high prices and we are off to the moon.
The 67 72 parts forum has become so large i am for anything that will simplify finding parts for all the members. There are many parts that get buried so quickly (ALL PARTS not just N.O.S). it is not as simple as just scrolling up and down. Lets look at what is best for the members and not if it affects us financially. Thanks Russ
countr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:15 PM   #90
70LonghornCST

The big issue that we have going on is that several members are posting one ad per item. Posting multiple items on one post will curtail the flooding that we are experiencing.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #91
zicc1835

X2
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #92
atog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70LonghornCST View Post
The big issue that we have going on is that several members are posting one ad per item. Posting multiple items on one post will curtail the flooding that we are experiencing.
After reading through all these posts I’m torn in which way to vote (which I have not ) due to both sides have very valid points of interest. I also feel if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, as sometimes change is good and also could be bad. I agree If all sellers try to consolidate their posts be it NOS or used it would eliminate most of the issues we are having. Examples would be, (1) NOS trim parts or (2) NOS hood, fenders, and doors, (3) oem power steering and a/c brackets. Myself like several others don’t know that we need, want, or can’t live without an item till we see it dangling in front of us. I myself have opened up post like these wanting to buy one thing and ending up buying something totally opposite of what I was looking for. Consolidated posts also make it easier for sellers to keep track of things in my opinion. Either way it goes I can live with. I look forward to looking though forum each day and would hate to not be able to. With a little bit of tweeking it could work out for all of us.

Last edited by atog; 10-22-2018 at 12:40 AM.
atog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #93
jaros44sr

What happens in a tie? I just voted and created a tie

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #94
a1vintage69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
What happens in a tie? I just voted and created a tie
It is just a pole. Not really that many members are taking part in this pole. very low turnout at the pole booth! ah
Old 10-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #95
68 P.O.S.

I personally like having everything right there in front of me. I don't want to go to 13 different places to look for parts. To me, its been going just fine the whole life of this forum. If you have NOS, put it in the title (as is being done). Got multiples, put it in one ad. Change for the sake of change isn't always good, or necessary. I've seen this way too much in my time in the military; a good thing changes for something worse because a new person comes in, a boss changes, someone wants a promotion, or someone just needs to make themselves look good. I'm gonna have to say
Old 11-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #96
my kids toy

Need to get this bumped up, the bad about the new old stock sellers is they list things individually, one seller has 15 different things in a row right now, nothing against him but it fills the page up with individual listings, there is a reason there is a different posting for vendors selling things, its because they list too much, these guys should have there own as well.
my kids toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #97
a1vintage69

scroll on by until you see some part you want to click on and open it up. hundreds of used parts oem and just scroll on down and go to the next page and scroll on down until you see a part you want to click on. very simple and easy to do. I do it several times a day. parts are parts new or old!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #98
special-K
Special Order

Has scrolling become a difficult thing in this push button world of convenience? Look at the date as you look down the page or back a couple few. If 67-72 parts fill up a few pages every day then go back to the date you last viewed, or until you see listings you already viewed. I consider looking for parts in a parts board as full of parts as this one single place to be very convenient and very very easy.

Let's not confuse the issue of selfish sellers taking up the majority of page 1 for their individual listings with this topic at hand. They do that whether it is N.O.S. or used parts anyway. That is separate matter solved simply by members thinking beyond themselves to the needs of others. Something the world could use a little more of all around. It's called consideration... or being considerate.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #99
68 P.O.S.

Well said
Old 11-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #100
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Has scrolling become a difficult thing in this push button world of convenience? Look at the date as you look down the page or back a couple few. If 67-72 parts fill up a few pages every day then go back to the date you last viewed, or until you see listings you already viewed. I consider looking for parts in a parts board as full of parts as this one single place to be very convenient and very very easy.

Let's not confuse the issue of selfish sellers taking up the majority of page 1 for their individual listings with this topic at hand. They do that whether it is N.O.S. or used parts anyway. That is separate matter solved simply by members thinking beyond themselves to the needs of others. Something the world could use a little more of all around. It's called consideration... or being considerate.
exactly...what he said
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote