The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
rowdy11

Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

This is Lola. I'm the third owner. I owned a 69 GMC 20 years ago that I loved, then an 80 Silverado that I loved...and have been looking for another 67-72 for the past 5 years. Finally found what I was looking for two years ago. I laughed with the previous owner as he reluctantly signed over the title to me. I told him everything cycles and he would have the chance to buy one from someone else when it was his time again. Anyway, that's a bit of history...

Lola has been pretty well taken care of overall. She has an under bed rear tank and a corporate 14 bolt rear end, and a rebuilt and re-cammed 350. I have made the following upgrades:

1. I replaced all the fuel lines when I fixed the sending unit in the rear tank.
2. I converted the rear drum to disc (stopping power has been much better for me) and cleaned the rear end up.
3. I replaced the previous instrument cluster and mounted tach with a new replacement cluster with in-cluster tach and all LED lighting.
4. Oil change, new plugs, wires and HEI distributor/cap
5. Heat taped all the existing fuel lines
6.New thermostat
6. New wheels and tires
7. A few other pieces here and there (such as a new high beam switch)

About 6 months ago, I started getting that LS Swap itch. I want my wife to feel comfortable driving the truck, and want a freaking electronic overdrive! I also want to replace the old suspension & lift (being a 4X) for EZ ride as well.

So...a few weeks ago I saw an ad for a rolled 2011 GMC 2500HD. Went to look at it at my wife's prompting, with absolutely no intention of buying. The outside panels, cab pilars/roof and bed were trashed, but started it right up and took one look under the hood and underneath the vehicle (super clean) and knew I had found my donor vehicle. The owner handed me a huge stack of paperwork on maintenance. Got a screaming deal and now I'm off to the races…sort of. I’m partially posting this for help from all you experts, and partially for accountability. My goal to be to a place of completion in 24 months. I won’t say finish because, well, we all know that’s a myth.

Finally, I have dragged my kids into this mess with me. If I get excellent memories with them from this experience, it will all have been worth it.

Feel free to subscribe, just be aware the pace will be very measured. It all starts with the 2011 tear down.

Here we go...
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote