The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #101
homemade87

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
Thanks for noticing the effort behind the design, we really did set out to remove a lot of headaches from this swap. More pictures, sure...[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Toddoky , I am interested in one of the hi-ram intakes . I am wanting to run the holley 300-123bk . I see you have one on the the red truck . I cant tell if it is the mid rise or the hi-ram . Wanted to know if you have any info if the hi ram will fit under the hood . I have the flat plates on mine with stock stands . I could not fine any info here or else where . I know you have your mounts on this truck . It looks like it has good clearance if it is the hi ram .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #102
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
Todd,
I placed a order through summit racing for the hooker exhaust system 11-17-15. Just got a email with expected ship date of 1-27-16. Does it really take 3 months to build a exhaust system?
It depends on the actual kit you ordered...what tip exit style did you order, and did you order a 409SS or 304SS system. I bought a 304SS for my own Squarebody and had to wait a while as well to get it. I can tell you that either one is worth the wait as you won't find anything else available with the same or better fitment or hardware quality.
Posted via Mobile Device
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #103
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
Toddoky , I am interested in one of the hi-ram intakes . I am wanting to run the holley 300-123bk . I see you have one on the the red truck . I cant tell if it is the mid rise or the hi-ram . Wanted to know if you have any info if the hi ram will fit under the hood . I have the flat plates on mine with stock stands . I could not fine any info here or else where . I know you have your mounts on this truck . It looks like it has good clearance if it is the hi ram .
The manifold on the project truck was the Hi-ram, you shouldn't have any problems fitting it with your mounts either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #104
toddoky

Quote:
I ordered my thru summit as well first of Dec . Summit did say its to ship in Jan when I ordered . I too just got a email from summit that they have not heard from the manufacturer on a ship date yet . So not sure when it will arrive . I would like to know if is going to be another month or so .

I would expect the holidays slowed things down . Also must of not had any stock at all on hand .
Yes, the holidays bring everything to a crawl for the most part...I'll see if I can find out something on the status Monday morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2016, 05:06 PM   #105
Mayfield

Quote:
It depends on the actual kit you ordered...what tip exit style did you order, and did you order a 409SS or 304SS system. I bought a 304SS for my own Squarebody and had to wait a while as well to get it. I can tell you that either one is worth the wait as you won't find anything else available with the same or better fitment or hardware quality.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the response.
I ordered the 304ss exiting behind the rear tire. No biggie, Im sure it will be worth the wait. I just assumed that you guys had several of these built up and ready to ship out.
I guess I'm just anxious to get it installed haha.

I'm hoping that this setup with the x-pipe will eliminate the flutter sound that I am getting when i get on it. It's been driving me crazy, I've tried different mufflers as well, they mostly just changed how loud it was.
Mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #106
toddoky

Quote:
Thanks for the response.
I ordered the 304ss exiting behind the rear tire. No biggie, Im sure it will be worth the wait. I just assumed that you guys had several of these built up and ready to ship out.

I'm hoping that this setup with the x-pipe will eliminate the flutter sound that I am getting when i get on it. It's been driving me crazy, I've tried different mufflers as well, they mostly just changed how loud it was.
I adapted the 2.5" version of that same system onto my 79' C20 and it sounds awesome at all road speeds and throttle angles. I'll see if I can find out anything about the status of things on Monday.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #107
homemade87

Quote:
The manifold on the project truck was the Hi-ram, you shouldn't have any problems fitting it with your mounts either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Toddoky , Just wanted to give a update on the hi ram intake . I have got my engine apart and decided to try to check clearence for the intake . I see the the intake is 12.3" tall at the highest point from the valley on the front . I stacked 2x4 on top of the valley cover to get 12" at the front . The hood would not close . Apparently the flat plates and stock stands and mounts must hold the engine up . I took one 2x4 off which made 11" tall and the hood would close with 1/4 to 3/8 clearance best I could tell . Just wanted to let you know for future reference .

I really wanted to run the high ram . The low rise is not a option for my engine upgrades and power level . The holley system was not out at the time I did my swap or I would have used it .

I look forward to getting my exhaust . I ordered the 3" system behind the rear wheels last month .

Last edited by homemade87; 01-11-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #108
toddoky

Quote:
Toddoky , Just wanted to give a update on the hi ram intake . I have got my engine apart and decided to try to check clearence for the intake . I see the the intake is 12.3" tall at the highest point from the valley on the front . I stacked 2x4 on top of the valley cover to get 12" at the front . The hood would not close . Apparently the flat plates and stock stands and mounts must hold the engine up . I took one 2x4 off which made 11" tall and the hood would close with 1/4 to 3/8 clearance best I could tell . Just wanted to let you know for future reference .

I really wanted to run the high ram . The low rise is not a option for my engine upgrades and power level . The holley system was not out at the time I did my swap or I would have used it .

I look forward to getting my exhaust . I ordered the 3" system behind the rear wheels last month .
That's unfortunate that the Hi-Ram wouldn't work for you; all the non-Hooker fitment info I give out is relative to using the Hooker mounting components as a reference point and making my best guess from there.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #109
homemade87

Quote:
That's unfortunate that the Hi-Ram wouldn't work for you; all the non-Hooker fitment info I give out is relative to using the Hooker mounting components as a reference point and making my best guess from there.
Yea , I understand that point .

I re looked at the schematic dimensions and noticed it said at the bottom , engine block lifter valley flange . Was this measurement taken from the block or was it from the top of the valley cover . This may be a make or break deal . If it was from the block I will re measure . Just trying to make it work .
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #110
toddoky

Quote:
Yea , I understand that point .

I re looked at the schematic dimensions and noticed it said at the bottom , engine block lifter valley flange . Was this measurement taken from the block or was it from the top of the valley cover . This may be a make or break deal . If it was from the block I will re measure . Just trying to make it work .
The engine block surface.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #111
Bowtiguy

I'm not sure what the chances are but does P/N 12646HKR fit 67-72 frames?

I love the clearance this thing offers for true duals on a dropped truck.
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #112
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiguy View Post
I'm not sure what the chances are but does P/N 12646HKR fit 67-72 frames?

I love the clearance this thing offers for true duals on a dropped truck.
I wish I knew myself if it fit the early trucks or not, but installation in those applications has never been attempted.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #113
Bowtiguy

Quote:
I wish I knew myself if it fit the early trucks or not, but installation in those applications has never been attempted.
Is there a spec sheet with measurements? I've got a 68 and a tape measure.
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #114
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiguy View Post
Is there a spec sheet with measurements? I've got a 68 and a tape measure.
I can't post the actual engineering drawings, but I can put something together for you in the morning that shows the critical dimensions.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:19 PM   #115
toddoky

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

I got word today from someone in charge that your exhaust system will be shipping out shortly.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #116
Mayfield

Quote:
I got word today from someone in charge that your exhaust system will be shipping out shortly.
Cool man, I appreciate you looking in to it. I can't wait to get it.
I got to drool over that red truck and the silver one at ls fest this year, I was hoping someone was around to start it up for me so I could hear the exhaust note, but no luck. Hopefully I'll be doing my own song and dance soon.
Thanks again!
Mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #117
toddoky

Quote:
Cool man, I appreciate you looking in to it. I can't wait to get it.
I got to drool over that red truck and the silver one at ls fest this year, I was hoping someone was around to start it up for me so I could hear the exhaust note, but no luck. Hopefully I'll be doing my own song and dance soon.
Thanks again!
Trust me, you're really going to appreciate the finished results of your install. Both of those trucks are really nice and great examples of what you can achieve using the entire Hooker swap system...you can bolt it all in over a weekend.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #118
softballnrd27
Always a work in progress

Toddoky-I am searching for headers that will fit my truck, it looks like these headers don't go below the frame rail. Is that the case? I want longtubes but don't want them going below the frame rail.
73 SWB 5.3/4l80e
Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=695168
softballnrd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #119
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballnrd27 View Post
Toddoky-I am searching for headers that will fit my truck, it looks like these headers don't go below the frame rail. Is that the case? I want longtubes but don't want them going below the frame rail.
That's correct, neither the Hooker headers or exhaust systems drop below the frame rails when you mount the engine and trans with the Hooker engine brackets and transmission crossmember. Please note that the headers have unique bend geometry and will not install with typical flat swap plates that are use with the old-school type Chevy engine mounts.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #120
softballnrd27
Always a work in progress

Ok, I have the dirty dingo mounts that look very similar to the hooker mounts. I might give them a shot.
73 SWB 5.3/4l80e
Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=695168
softballnrd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #121
homemade87

Toddoky , Any word on the HOK-70501415RHKR 3" system . I did order thru Summit first of Dec .
Old 01-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #122
homemade87

Quote:
Toddoky , Any word on the HOK-70501415RHKR 3" system . I did order thru Summit first of Dec .
Toddoky , Well I woke up this morning and checking my email I got a shipping conformation overnight from summit . Looks like it will be here today ( did not expect that ) . Look forward to getting it on . Thanks for all your help .
Old 01-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #123
toddoky

Quote:
Toddoky , Well I woke up this morning and checking my email I got a shipping conformation overnight from summit . Looks like it will be here today ( did not expect that ) . Look forward to getting it on . Thanks for all your help .
I'm glad to hear it...I saw them pop-up on an availability report the other day and knew they would be shipping out.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #124
homemade87

Quote:
I'm glad to hear it...I saw them pop-up on an availability report the other day and knew they would be shipping out.
Toddoky , Well the exhaust came in and your warehouse shipped me the wrong one . I looked it up and it looked like it was for a 82-92 f-body ( 70501426rhkr ) . The one I am suppose to get was a 70501415rhkr . Called summit and they are sending ups to pick this one up . They had to place another order to process the 2nd one . The person said they will not be available to ship until middle of Feb . Can you check and see if you do have any available and if so could you expedite my order . I can PM you my name and address it will be shipping to also give you the order # . I don't want to wait another 3 to 6 weeks .

All is good . I am not upset , things do happen. I would like to get my truck back together .
Old 01-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #125
toddoky

Quote:
Toddoky , Well the exhaust came in and your warehouse shipped me the wrong one . I looked it up and it looked like it was for a 82-92 f-body ( 70501426rhkr ) . The one I am suppose to get was a 70501415rhkr . Called summit and they are sending ups to pick this one up . They had to place another order to process the 2nd one . The person said they will not be available to ship until middle of Feb . Can you check and see if you do have any available and if so could you expedite my order . I can PM you my name and address it will be shipping to also give you the order # . I don't want to wait another 3 to 6 weeks .

All is good . I am not upset , things do happen. I would like to get my truck back together .
That certainly sucks. I just saw your post and have already left work for the day, so I won't be of much help to you until Monday. It would probably benefit you to call Holley customer service and explain your situation, since they may be able to figure something out for you.
Posted via Mobile Device