The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
C10Greg

Can someone tell me about this Blazer

I am currently building a 67 C10. My wife has been wanting an older Blazer and I came across this Craigslist add. I have no idea what this would be worth and if this is a fair price.

I emailed the seller and asked a few questions. He said it has no mechanical issues that he knows of but he claims that he has never put it in 4 wheel drive so he doesn't know if it works. The A/C does not work and he does not have any of the parts.

It already know what to look for as far as body damage and rust issues so I won't be too concerned about that until I go look at it in person.

I was just curious if this price is fair enough for me to even take the time to look at it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/5376355822.html
C10Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #2
tjsblazer

Re: Can someone tell me about this Blazer

I am in Canada so my market is totally different than yours but in general, once they drift from stock I think it boils down to if you as the buyer like the customization that is done to it because everyone has different tastes once you start to customize and base it on what it would cost to do it if you had to or correct it to what you want it to look like in the end. Hope that makes sense.

From description and pictures I see lifted, axle changes, dash and doors cut for stereo, custom roll cage, incorrect seats. Do you like all of this?
On top of that, the condition of the body is huge. Is this solid metal either factory or proper panel replacement or is it a bunch of fiberglass and bondo hiding under a shiny paint job? If the body is solid I don't think the price is too far out there.
Personally overall I don't mind the look and what I don't like is bolt on stuff so for me, if the body checks out, I'd be comfortable around $15K but again that is based on what it is starting as now and what I would spend to get it exactly where I want it.

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:50 AM   #3
Blazerowner

I see better examples for less. At that price I would want working ac and to know for sure if the 4wd is operational. I think it's priced 4-5k high in my opinion.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:52 AM   #4
Blazerowner

Nearly half price and that was 2min of looking.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5398961330.html
Old 01-21-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
ClassicStyle

Half the price and not nearly a comparable truck.

If you want a lifted blazer that's not a factory color, if it's clean, solid and the work is done nicely. Engine runs good, 4x4 works. I think he has his pricing pretty close. 15-17k.
ClassicStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:51 AM   #6
Chad22873

I agree with Jeff. The price is a little on the high side for the things that have been done to it. But if it fits your taste then go for it. I like the looks of it but the key is how solid is it? If you go with something like Kirk said and then restore it, you will know what you have and have what you want but expect to spend alot more than that to get there.
Chad22873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
C10Greg

Thanks for all the replies, it has been very helpful. I do like the look of the Blazer I posted. I would like something with at least a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. Not too concerned about a factory color, but more concerned about whats under that shiny paint. I do want something with a/c.
C10Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:30 PM   #8
Blazerowner

I thinks it's very comparable considering he's asking 8k more for a truck with a paint job and lift. All the other add ons are pretty much just a preference. I have seen plenty of paint jobs hide rust, body damage and whatever else you can think of. I was trying to make the point that for 17k there are many options out there. Like everyone is saying if it's what you want go for it. Opinions are what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicStyle View Post
Half the price and not nearly a comparable truck.

If you want a lifted blazer that's not a factory color, if it's clean, solid and the work is done nicely. Engine runs good, 4x4 works. I think he has his pricing pretty close. 15-17k.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:39 PM   #9
Scorp
Online Painter

That is an 8k Blazer with a 17k price tag
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #10
GMC-YA68

Cmon...$8k? I wouldn't sell mine for under 30k and the paint is 15 years old still. For $17k I'd like to see it have some fuel injection and overdrive. My take is that the blazer was fairly straight and he slammed some paint on it to cover some things up.

'72 Jimmy 4x4 - 5.3/4L65E/NP205 swap
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663780

Last edited by GMC-YA68; 01-21-2016 at 06:25 PM.
GMC-YA68 is offline   Reply With Quote