The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
1971cuda

What lowering suspension kit should I get.

I’ve been searching the forums and giving myself a headache trying to figure out what lowering suspension kit I should get. I like the look of the 4-6 inch lowering kits. Want to run 18 inch rims for I want some tire for a better ride. I read some posts and it seems like a lot of members like the ece kit (except for the shocks) and the kit from cpp. I looked at the ride tech street grip but not sure if it goes as low as I would like. I want it to ride and handle well. I’m not going to be auto crossing it but still would like it to handle and ride fairly well. The most important part how much do I want to spend?? I hope that this could be accomplished with the max budget of 3000. What would the forums recommendations be??
Posted via Mobile Device
1971cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
AZ 67 C10

Re: What lowering suspension kit should I get.

I went with CPP. Their tubular trailing arms with cross member and c-notch, springs, shocks, etc. was a nice product and affordable. I went with front drop spindles, tubular control arms, springs, etc from them as well. You can get the front and rear done for less than $3k with all new parts. Directions are decent and everything was quality built.
AZ 67 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
1971cuda

Thanks for the suggestion I haven’t looked at them more closely.
Posted via Mobile Device
1971cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #4
68Stepbed

I only recommend ECE for basic drop kits, but get correct length shocks. As for the Ridetech StreetGrip kit, it's still a 4/6 drop, but everything is engineered exactly for these trucks. I've not read any bad reviews, and they all claim the ride is great.

The biggest area here will be cost. Obviously, the Ridetech kit is much more money, but it comes with bushings, shafts, and other high wear parts that may need replaced anyway. You'll just have to decide how well you want it to ride. Keep in mind, the StreetGrip is not intended for all out autocrossing, but deigned for a great handling street truck.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
71cheyennesuperlongb

ECE drop kits are hard to beat for the money .All OE parts fit so replacement is not a problem. Find a rear kit with shock relocaters ,the stock shocks lay down at such a bad angle thay dont work at all.Check with Rob at NO LIMIT. You wont be sorry.Western Chassis hascomplete kits as well.