The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #26
ll____b0t____ll

Re: (Project Morgan) 1972 1/2ton ShortStep

Well I havent gotten any work persay done still collecting parts until winter is over.
Heres some pics of outer rockers ,one completely ready to use in rust inhibiter
and primer and one as they come from Goodmark.

And the feders finally came after 28 days and the trucking company delivering them to a gas station in my city because they dont like delivering to resedents, So yeah that extra I paid for residentual delivery....waisted.
These fenders had to be handed off to 3 diferent trucking companys to get to me....I cant wait to order the hood and doors....

Same deal on the feders one completly ready one as they come from Goodmark.

Again sorry about webcam photos but all my money has gone to parts and havent gotten a good digital camra yet.

Also I went to a couple local body shops to get quotes for replacing my cab corners and maybe its just me but they seem really high.
Can any of you Profesional body people chime in on what abouts it should cost with me suppling the cab corners?

So far I was quoted $800.00 from a shop
And $1,200.00 from the other .
Are these decent quotes or am I getting Hornswaggled?
Thanks in advance for any help.
ll____b0t____ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #27
ll____b0t____ll

Well so much for this project im letting her go.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #28
killer71

What Happened???? You were doing a Great Job!
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #29
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm And it looked like you had such a great start...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #30
ll____b0t____ll

I just dont know what to do... Im incredibly frusterated right now.
I just keep fixing and spending and it seems its not going forword but backwords.
I dont know weather ide be a fool to keep fighting it or a fool to give up now?
Im worried I am just not as machanicly inlined as I thought I was and fighting this in parking lots is taking its tole on me.
Maybe I just need to blow off steam I dont know, but I feel like a fool for bringing it here so I say sorry for that.

When I started this journey I was kinda counting on help from my father who is like a magician with machanics, but It turned out I was on my own on this shortly after building the moter.
I need some time to think about this but I need to be honest and not extend my pain in this truck if Im never going to come close to the finish line.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #31
ll____b0t____ll

Well after a much needed break from the truck I renewed my love for it and am back at it with more patiance.
Heres a few pics to update ya on where im at.

Moter mock up of some of the new parts.

New billit PCV Valve.

Alum- Valve covers.

Breather from Jegs.

Jegs H.E.I.

Jegs billit Dist Hold down.

And I got the Mr.Gasket chrome Thermostat Housing but after looking at it's quality Ive decided to order a red billet swivel one from Jegs.

Ooh and im sure you can see the MSD plug wires in the pics lol .
I would Highly recomend these Jegs aluminium Valve covers to anyone as they are very well built and dont break the bank at around $80.00.

Ill be ordering my intake manifold here on the 15th and a new Holley carb on the 1rst so ill get those pics when they arive.
Thanks for looking.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
sixnine
Longtime Member

You did the right thing. When you get frustrated, just take some time off from working on it. I can't count how many times I've had to "take a break" from a project, and I have a garage!

Keep it up, the truck is coming together nicely.

1972 C10 Short Step -http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=261405
sixnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #33
ll____b0t____ll

Wink Re: (Project Morgan) 1972 1/2ton ShortStep

Well Ive gotten a little bit of work done on Morgan lately but haven got the pics yet as im kind of waiting for a the engine to be completly done before i post them.

Things Ive got done.

Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake manifold installed with Edelbrock gaskets with Gaskasinch on head surfice , RTV silcon on back and front "no gaskets".

Jegs Street performer H.E.I installed , it took me all of 5 minutes to stab as apposed to the gm so maybe a bad gear fitting as it showed wear, I also used a shim to get this one just perfect.

New vavle covers installed with Jegs rubber and steal gaskets "again with gaskasinch. I HATE LEAKS LOL!!!

Installed Holley Street Avenger 670 with electric choke, used a Percy's gasket as Ive had good luck with these being leak free.

Used Earls fittings to plum heater hose and for plugs , what can I say I love Earls stuff lol.

Istalled the billit swival thermostat housing along with a Miladon 180% Thermostat , it doesnt call for a gasket as its O- Ring style so I applied a thin layer of RTV silicon just to be again leak free.

Got the MSD plug wires hooked up but still need to get the wire looms and at this point Im looking for alternatives to the mainstay looms.

Installed the Edelbroch Fuel Pump and this was a very tight fit next to the moter mount towers , I was thinking I would have to notch or dent but it made it in with some daylight to spare lol.

Plummed braided stainless 8AN from Fuel Pump up to More fittings and a billit Jegs Fuel Filter and on to more Fittings and braided hose along with a Fuel Pressure gauge, from filter back is 6 An.
This would have been a lot cheaper and more easy had Edelbrock not put the heater hose port directly in the path of where the Fuel Line needed to go, But I made some angled fittings cure this for me.

Thats where Im at now but I got more parts coming next week and that would be.

Permacool Stainless flex fan and spacer which along with my aluminuim radiator should keep me from overheating under the summer heat with a heavy foot.

Also coming is the fittings to start plumming back to the gas tank had to do some 180% bends to get it pointed back that way lol.

On the first Ill be ordering the 16 gallon fuel cell and enough 8AN braided stainless hose to run back to it , the Misc hoses I need for vacuum ports such as brakes, vacuum advance, and a hose for my Billit PCV valve.

Ill also be wiring in the larger diamater wire for the Distributer, Hooking up a new set of battery cables, going 1 wire on the Alternator and replacing the Turbo 350 transmition pan with a polished aluminuim one I picked up from jegs along with a new converted Chrysler filter and new pan gasket from Jegs.
The original managed to leak all the tranny fluid out over the winter and well that putt me in a bad way with the city lol.

All that should wrap up the moter and and hold the tranny over until I can replace it later when I can find a place I wont get evicted doing the tranny swap hehe.

Barring any unforseen leaks and tuning the carb and timing Ill be moving on to the install of the posi and 3:73 gears and Moser axles with a complete rear rebuild.

After that Ill get back to the body work with new Goodmark cowl hood and doors and start takling the rockers I have from Goodmark.

Well that should be a decent update and ill get the pics of all this up as soon as i can as im using an old camera and have film to develop until i can buy a digital cam.
Kind of hard to pull the money from more truck parts to get a nice camera lol maybe ill give Santa a Hint this year lol.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #34
ll____b0t____ll

Well I guess my wife had a Fathers day gift for me , no Im not a father because we cant have kids but still she hooked me up with the Fuel cell I was going to get on the first so heres some pics and a question.

And lastly this pic for the question.

the question is I know I can plug the fuel return line fitting but on the fuel rollover vent Im confused as some Drag racers using fuel cells say to run a peice of hose with a loop to keep fuel spash down , while others say not to loop as it will create a no air vent situation when fuel does splash into it.
So what would you all recommend and any help is welcomed . Thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #35
ll____b0t____ll

Just some random shots of Morgan up and running.

And my personal faverite.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #36
ll____b0t____ll

Well much like this project has gone so far its been 2 steps forwards and 10 steps back lol.
Got into a collision on Dec 23 and ruined a headlight , the grille , grille shell, grille sapport, bumper and my perfect driving record...well accident wise.

Anyone with a driver quality grille shell willing to ship let me know lol.
Oh and police nailed me for following to close and no driver side mirror and failer to roll down window as it was frozen stiff for some reason?
This was a huge set back money wise and ill be looking forward to fixing it as soon as i can.

Also sorry to anyone who had interest in this thread as Im sure my build threads sucks compared to anyone elses.

Happy Holidays to you all and and may your gears never grind.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #37
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Those shiny parts look nice by the way
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #38
ll____b0t____ll

Well getting geared up again for this summer and getting a lot more done on morgan.
Ive mostly been buying up parts and hunting for doors, the latter has been a failure to this point.
Ive had 3 people say they would sell me some rust free perfect doors... maybe my definition of rust free differs but if i can poke a pencil through a hole i gotta call rust lol.

Im getting ready to rebuild the rearend and should be into it by the 28th.
Heres what i got.
Had the Auburn gear posi already
got the Richmond Gear 3:73 ring and pinion
Jegs differential gear install kit
all the gear oil and posi additives to break it in and flush with new.
No crush sleeves here solid peice with shims
Moser custom axles
new axle bearings and seals
new press in axle bolts "the ones that bolt the wheel on"

Also planning on a new Hughes T350 trans next month so I went ahead and picked up Hughes Street master stall converter rated at 2200-2500 rpm stall and a heavy duty Jegs double welded flexplate.

At this point i have more parts in the apt than on the truck lol .
But good news being with the rearend and trans being done all running gear will be brand new so i can trust it and move on to body work.

Also still chasing down demons in the 670 holley with tuning for this altitude and jetting and what not but Im getting closer sure didnt help that holley left bures all over that ended up inside the carb.

Personal opinion if you go for a Holley carb skip the street avenger and pay for a better carb , not impressed with this one at all.
well ill get some pics up soon of parts and accedent damage , thanks for reading , take care guys and gals. : )
Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #39
ll____b0t____ll

Wink Re: (Project Morgan) 1972 1/2ton ShortStep

Well its been a busy few months that have shown a lot of change for my family and Morgan.
For starters we moved from sheridan wyo to clark wyo out on my parents 40 acres .
Dad has cancer and Mom is all but wheelchair bound so I and my wife decided to move out there to be of help , was a good thing to as after 2 weeks of being there Dad had a heart attack and had to be flown to Billings Montana for some stents and gave us all a big scare.
It was his second heart attack and a huge eye opener for all of us.

On the truck front being out here has freed me up to be able to do some work I coundnt otherwise get done in town.
I got the rearend rebuilt which was a huge project as the Richmond ring and pinion I ordered could not be set up to produce a usable pattern .
I tried for 2 days shim here re calliper but it just was a bad set of gears, so after informing Richmond gear they sent out a new set that made up a great pattern and finally 3:73 gears , posi, and moser race axles installed i was out spinning cookies in no time ...

I also was able to pull the front clip off and get some better shots of the rust I need to adress, and bolt up my new fenders and get a little primer and body work done.
Its a pain in the arse to be raddle canning out here when we dont have a day go by without +30 mph winds lol but in those breif 5 minute windows literly i get a little more shot.

Heres some pics shot with the new camera so enjoy if you like.

Ill get more soon but as I said real busy .
As Im sure you can tell if you have followed any of this build I wont be making a show truck but just a decent runner .

On a side note if some of you who are building show trucks have any less than show quality parts and just need to be rid of them boy ide sure be willing to except any parts you can donate that arent needed for project overhaulin.
Just in case heres a short list of things I could use if your interested in helping with used driver parts or have a great deal for some parts.

1969-1972 grille shell and or grille inserts
windshield wiper arm
heater control
front bumper
headlight udjuster screw and plastic nut
3 gauge dash panel
hood 69-72
power steering stuff
Radiator sapport
lowering springs
doors

Like I said not looking for perfect stuff just workable driver condition but money is so tight right now Im saving up to get it aligned ... funny how life can change so fast.
Atleast these old trucks always stay the same ...classic .

Good day to you all and ill be adding more as it allows soon to be a flat black truck soon if Mr.Wind gets off my back..
Old 12-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #40
ll____b0t____ll

Here are a few recent pictures showing Morgan getting closer to looking like a decent truck

Last edited by ll____b0t____ll; 12-08-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #41
ll____b0t____ll

Spun bearings ,,, now project Morgan is just another truck out on some dudes land.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #42
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

So you gonna fix the truck??

MEMBER #6377

Project "7DEUCE"

Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #43
ll____b0t____ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
So you gonna fix the truck??

I sure am , but it will take me almost till winter to save up for the parts.
A wiser man would most likely sell off the parts and buy a running vehicle,
so I guess i just proved Im not a wise man lol.

Its just hard to start rebuilding a new motor that had less than 5 thousand miles on it mentally its a slap in the face but i dont see any alternatives as its the only vehicle we own.

Besides one day shell be done ....... wont she lol

Project Morgan is dead , now begins the rise of "the phoenix"
Old 06-15-2011, 03:09 AM   #44
ll____b0t____ll

Well the Brown Santa showed up today and made my day.
Got my Speed Pro Forged Dome 327 pistons and a lot more.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...t_20110613.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...20110613_6.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...20110613_5.jpg

Got everything i need except my cam and lifters, my one peice oil pan gasket and break in fluids.

Once those things come in the rebuild from a 350 to 327 will begin.

Last edited by ll____b0t____ll; 06-15-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #45
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Congrats on getting back to the truck cant wait to see the first burn outs..

MEMBER #6377

Project "7DEUCE"

Old 06-16-2011, 01:45 AM   #46
ll____b0t____ll

Thanks , ill definatly have some vids of that not to mention a couple cars that allready have laid down challenges including a 34 dodge street rod with a 454 and a 1967 Z28 with the 350HP 327.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #47
ll____b0t____ll

Got some better pictures today of the 327 pistons and gear and my garage lol.
I even was able to snap a picture of the great mythical beast who gaurds my tools, the one and only Rogue!!! scarry huh?

The garage lol . sad i know but hey ya make do right lol.

And now the infamous scarry gaurdian of tools ...please dont make her mad step away from the fuel cell....

No one better lay a finger on my car parts or its curtains for you. mwah haw haw!
Yes I realize im mildly crazy but thanks all the same

More to come as it comes thanks .

Last edited by ll____b0t____ll; 06-17-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #48
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

im in!!

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #49
ll____b0t____ll

Well where to begin...
A lot has happened in the 6 months ive been away from the forum.
I finally got the 327 completed and dropped in and am about to do its first regular oil change.
When We first fired it up...WOW! just WOW...
She sounded very very angry but in a good way I couldnt wait for the cam break in to be over so i could calm it down and hear that idle....but i did.
Then it was finally time and I let her idle down set all the carb settings as best as could be done at the moment and OMG ,,Rum Rum rum...rum rum rum....rum rum rum bouncing and poping and just screaming out to everyone who can hear her IM NO STOCK ENGINE!

The looks i get at every stop sign or light now lol some people like what the hell some like nice some people in a ford who quickly turn the turn signal on and turn...lmao dont even want to go from a stoplight huh punk thats right roll along.

Actually the guy in the ford would probably smoke me right now im chasing down a lot of new engine gremlins , like a utter crap HEI distributer from jegs that is loose in every place it could and shouldnt be like a wobbly advance can lol timing that is jumping up and down .
Carb work galore to sift though. idles rich runs lean at 2000-3000 chock that wont operate properly.
So she idles ruff and runs ruffer.lol well I got a new Pertronics lll distributor and a coil and new wires that I need to put in and get timing fixed before I focus on the carb.
Also the new Edelbrock fuel pump thinks idleing at 31/2 pounds is going to work....not so need to open it up and check the gasket diaphram thinga majigger..
But in the moments she decides to run decent her decent is better than I expected and im impatiantly waiting until things work proper to really open her up.

Part of the reason im not further along is i had a pulmanary embolysme mispelled that im sure ..a blood clot well 2 actuall in go into my lungs and almost died,a week after getting released from the hospital i was dropping the moter in and had a stroke.
But im better now thinner blood and hoping to get you all some pictures soon.
Thanks B0T
Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #50
ll____b0t____ll

Finally got the Pertronix 3 and coil installed and used my new timing light to get her set.
Thought maybe you might want to hear how the cam idles .

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=M4H00620.mp4