The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
JOE BOB

Weather Stripping

Is there any of the generic rolls of wheather stripping that anyone has found suitable for the burbs? I am a little taken aback by the price of the side window stripping cost for the back side windows.
JOE BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: Weather Stripping

Hey Joe - I was also taken aback by the cost of the OEM rubber for the rear glass when it came time for me to do it, but after fartin around with all kinds of mickey mouse ways. It all came back to me calling LMC for the OEM rubber, and was glad to have spent the money when it came time to install the glass. Everything just went in as it should, and sealed up nice after only an hour of work to install the two giant side glass and the rear lid.

Save your money and get the right stuff and you will be glad you did in the long run, especially since the side glass is really hard to find in good shape if'n you break what ya got.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
Frizzle Fry

Yep, I totally agree. I tried to find a way around it, even talked to a glass shop about alternate methods. In the end, there's really no way to make it look good without a ton of effort. Might as well get the correct ones.

Now, I did notice that most places sell them for HALF of what LMC lists them for. LMC wants like ~$300/pr and I got mine a t American Classics for $145/pr.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #4
earl87gta

I was at a swap meat last weekend and vintage glass was there. I need a windshield and a rear glass for the burb so I asked if they could do it. he asked if I wanted it tinted I said I would need to replace all my glass if I did that he then asked if I wanted one piece windows while I was at it . He quoted my 800 for every window replaced in the burb factory tinted. Next time I talk to him Ill see if he can get the seals for us to at a good price.