The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Pics from our fire - REPLACE YOUR CHEAP SURGE PROTECTOR!

As many here know, our house burned on the 4th of May. The cause of the fire was determined to be a overheated surge protector that started in my computer room/office. We had the regular Wal Mart/K Mart $15 surge protectors that most people have, and we've had them for years. After the fire, the adjuster, the contractors, the electrician and even the Serve Pro guys told how many house fires are caused by these things. The electrician told me if you look inside them, you'll clearly see they are barely sufficient (he said they are truly insuffient, but they are considered legally sufficient) for the amount of plugs they have. I am very thankful we weren't there, and that no one was hurt. There are better, more expensive available, and I'd urge anyone to invest in them. We lost all all of the contents and the firemen said if they were 5 mins later we would lost the whole house. We lost all of our normal household belongings like clothes all the kid's toys, pictures, furniture, etc, etc, etc. I lost a bunch of car/truck parts, my guitars, and pretty much all my collectables that were in the room. It was pretty much my man cave, and I had new '72 truck door panels, a Vintage Air A/C system, new Custom Auto Sound stereo I bought on here, lots of my Camaro and GTO parts, A '72 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty, A '78 Fender Strat, Marshall Amp, all of my baseball/football cards and racing collectibles and die cast and model cars among other things. Its very depressing - but again, my family is OK, so I'm good. We'll just focus on the positives and move on. They are gutting the house and are going to rebuild. We love our house, and even though everybody says "you;ll have all new stuff" or "it will be like new" I know it will lose some of the character that we loved about it. We did come to find out it is a WELL BUILT house. It has true roughcut 4" X 4" on the outer walls, true 4" X 10" floor joices, and true 2" X 6" rafters. There was 1" X 12" tougue and groove planks behind all the drywall, which is amazing to me. Here's some pics after the fire, and some of the demo.

This fan was 3 rooms down the hall from from the rooms that burned.

'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote