The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2015, 12:44 AM   #1
SCHRUMGMC

59 radio hookup

I am trying to figure out how this GMC radio is hooked up I found where the antenna goes but that antennas shot there's two wires leading him somewhere but I think one of them's been snapped in half or something but I'm trying to figure out where at all the wires go him one may go to the speaker and stuff but I'm not 100% sure so I am trying to figure out how this GMC radio is hooked up I found where the antenna goes but that antenna shot there's two wires leading him somewhere but I think one of them's been snapped in half or something but I'm trying to figure out where at all the wires go him one may go to the speaker and stuff but I'm not 100% sure so but I'm if someone could tell me where the two wires go and how could I get this radio out to test and see if it still usable thank you
Old 08-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
OrrieG

Re: 59 radio hookup

I should be a research librarian...

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com...5559srsm01.htm

Does not have a wiring diagram, but I suspect it has a colored (usually red) 12v power from the ignition accessory pole or fused accessory location. Black to ground. Two wires to speaker + and -. Do not ground the speaker wires or allow them to touch each other. Modern electronic radios have another wire for constant low wattage power to keep the memory alive.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote