The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2015, 01:10 AM   #1
mr48chev

A real brush paint job on an AD

This isn't a commentary on paint jobs so lets not get sidetracked with off the wall comments.

If you have a Teenage daughter who is a big Twilight movie fan you can make a point with her by showing her the truck that serves as the "Bella" truck at the Forks Wa visitor center.

Note the personal plate that is usually on the front of the truck.

No frills inteiror

The paint gets worn thin on the two trucks from girls climbing up on them or leaning on them to get their photos taken. It's a bit of a show in it's self as a car, suv or mini van will roll into the lot and the back doors pop open and teenage girls jump out and get their photo taken with the trucks and then go inside to get their photos taken with the paper cutouts of the shows cast inside and buy a trinket and get in the car and off down the highway.

The gent painting the trucks was doing a pretty decent job and showed some experience handling a paint brush with enamel.

My wife and I had gone to a gathering of our boat friends in Pousbo Wa having to leave the boat at home due to tow rig issues. We then took a trip around the Olympic Peninsula hitting a few interesting spots and stayed the night in Ocean shores before heading to Long Beach WA and spending the night and crossing into Oregon to
Astoria and Portland and then on home. Forks and the trucks was one stop along the way.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 AM   #2
eagleuh1

Re: A real brush paint job on an AD

Looks like a nice paint job. Also has the padlock security system on the hood.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
1project2many

At least they stripped some of the old coating off first. I can imagine the trucks' dimensions growing by 1/4" over the years...
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Advanced Design

So the trucks were in a movie?

Ten years ago our daughters were excited to see vehicles and props that were in one of the Indiana Jones movies.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
mr48chev

I couldn't say that these are the "exact" trucks that were in the movie. Possibly something on the line of a Dukes of Hazzards Dodge charger clone or other tv or movie car clone. It's close enough so that the girls who are big fans of the movie get their folks to drive many miles past the "end of the known world" sign so they can see the trucks and the town. When I was young Forks Wa's claim to fame was the logging (you could buy Forks logger suspenders in the stores) and the small shake mill operations that made ceder shakes for roofs. It's about a three hour drive after you get off the ferry boat on Bainbridge from Seattle through some beautiful country or a several hour drive up the Washington coast from points south.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #6
OrrieG

I had a 41 Chevy Master Deluxe that I did not realize had brush painted fenders until I washed off the crud and polished it. From 20 feet could not tell without looking real close.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #7
Old Crow

My first old truck, a '53 OT shortbed was painted with Rustoleum red oxide primer and one of those Wagner airless cup guns. Looked pretty good from 20 feet or more.

'54 Chevy Panel, '00 Bounder 36S, '95 Jeep YJ
Old Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
OrrieG

I still have a Kirby spray gun that attached to the Kirby vacuum cleaner discharge port. Probably lots of old cars got painted with them too. I found my Dad's 1950's Binks gun but it was pretty cruded up from not so good cleaning and sitting for 45 years.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote