The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
tsmith8

Brothers Truck Seat Upholstery, Your Thoughts!!

I ordered seat upholstery from Brothers Trucks. I ordered Black and Charcoal.

I believe they sent me the wrong product, they say it is the right one. What does everyone think?
Attached Images

tsmith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
dsraven

Re: Brothers Truck Seat Upholstery, Your Thoughts!!

looks like grey combo to me but I have never seen any of them. black charcoal would seem like it should be darker than the pic you have there.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
Foot Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
looks like grey combo to me but I have never seen any of them. black charcoal would seem like it should be darker than the pic you have there.
^^^ what he said x2

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
1project2many

"Grey" as a color is bound to be different between one product and the next. "Black" should be black. I would not be happy with what was sent if I wanted black.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #5
vintovka

Angry Re: Brothers Truck Seat Upholstery, Your Thoughts!!

Above all make sure it fits. Do a test fit for overlap with padding before you do anything else. My repop seat upholstery was so undersize it absolutely WOULD NOT FIT without special difficult to find and install clip type hardware, Hogrings my A-s, It was barely enough to wrap the frame with minimal wrap.

IMHO To increase profit some manufacturers/vendors are cutting quality and fit to the bone hoping you'll accept substandard sheisse.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
iowaboynca

To play devil's advocate...
I can imagine the gray/gray to be almost silver in appearance. If you reach out to Brother's again, see if they can send you a side by side of the Black/charcoal and gray/gray together.

I would think that would settle it.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
mr48chev

I'd follow Iowaboynca's suggestion first. Did you send them a good photo of it along with a photo of the label on the box? It could be missboxed.

Actually that is a great looking color combo but it sure doesn't look to be black and charcoal from where I sit.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #8
1958Warrior

Just curious if you ever got an answer if that is what they call Black and Charcoal.
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
joedoh

well just to be devils advocate two (too?) you and everyone keeps saying black and charcoal, but the color choice is listed as charcoal and black, and thats the order I see it, charcoal vinyl and black thread in the cloth.

but unless I see another one to compare the other colors to I cant say that is right.

for what its worth, s10 interiors list as black and they are assuredly charcoal.

edit: the color on yours looks a lot like the example picture on the brothers page

it also says it matches the rest of the interior kits, and this is the door panel color samples page

definitely not the grey set.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 04-01-2017 at 05:58 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #10
tsmith8

I still say mine was the Gray Combo.

I talked with Brothers truck a few times and they were talking with the manufacture. From what i understand i was one of three with the same "complaint" and the manufacture says that i did receive the right order of "black".

They paid for the return shipping and i ordered new upholstery from a different manufacturer.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #11
tsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
well just to be devils advocate two (too?) you and everyone keeps saying black and charcoal, but the color choice is listed as charcoal and black, and thats the order I see it, charcoal vinyl and black thread in the cloth.

but unless I see another one to compare the other colors to I cant say that is right.

for what its worth, s10 interiors list as black and they are assuredly charcoal.

edit: the color on yours looks a lot like the example picture on the brothers page

it also says it matches the rest of the interior kits, and this is the door panel color samples page

definitely not the grey set.
The door panel is listed as Black/Charcoal. Oh well, this stuff happens. If i had a few extra hundred dollars i would order the Grey combo just to see what it looks like. But i would be willing to bet that is what i already received from them.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
tsmith8

This is what i ordered instead. White vinyl with black cloth.

https://www.brotherstrucks.com/55-59...904/BLK/WHITE/
Old 08-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
tsmith8

Hey, Just wanted to update everyone. I finally have received my upholstery order. With a lot of time on the phone and trips across border and dealing with UPS brokerage (Paid twice for brokerage of multiple items). I now have all components. The first order had a lost item and Brothers said they would replace that item (they were credited through UPS) and send it with the replacement upholstery. They didn't do that, it was not shipped with the upholstery. So i finally received that missing item today.

So basically i got an acceptable seat upholstery after dealing with it for almost 9 Months!!!

Yes, Brothers finally came through with all of the items i paid for BUT dealing with a single order for almost 9 months in my opinion is unacceptable. Not once did they offer an verbal apology or offer anything for the hassles and trouble. ( I would of been 100% ok with an "Sorry about this" but that did not happen).

It is very unlikely i will order from there again. That is unfortunate.

FYI - If you call them and are on hold there is a long spell from the owners saying how caring they are and want to provide the best service available. End of the day, it did not appear that way.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #14
vintovka

I have no less than 12 car parts catalogs on my desk. one would think the intense competition would keep quality and customer service up. This is not always the case. Many just get the $$$ and ship whatever they can. Many use slow responses and the high cost of return shipping as a deterrent. Rural guys are hit the hardest. A forum thread ranking/reviewing these guys might shake things up for the good..
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote