The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
mr48chev

Facebook find for Martinsr

Poking around Facebook this morning this truck showed up in some car show coverage.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:50 AM   #2
MARTINSR

Re: Facebook find for Martinsr

DAAAAMN that thing is slick. Notice how the hood is shortened?

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:26 AM   #3
MiraclePieCo

That pancaked hood just makes the proportions perfect!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
MARTINSR

It's sectioned a little more than mine, about 4 inches I am thinking. The Rod and Custom Dream Truck was sectioned 5 inches, mine is 2.5 to give you an idea.

Brian

Old 09-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
MARTINSR

Not related to discussion but I had to post this photo, every time I see it, I just dig this photo!

Brian

Old 09-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #6
MARTINSR

Looking at that photo again a little more, that green truck may be the full 5" section.

Brian

Old 09-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #7
mr48chev

It is sectioned a bunch. It was at Kalamazoo Mi last weekend. I expanded the photo and looked at the hood and still have to look some more

I'm thinking that they set the cab down closer to the running boards too. Probably a frame swap with the running boards raised up.

I got to see the dream truck at the 1982 Chevy GMC Truckin Nationals in Ogden and took a lot of photos but can't find the album I made of the event or the extra photos in their packets.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 09-11-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
MARTINSR

Like I have said, we are brothers from other mothers Mr48. Going to see that truck was a HUGE part of my world. Saw it in 82 I believe at the very first show it was shown after it was restored. I have a few photos there at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

I chopped my truck, and sectioned another one using the Rod&Custom magazine articles!

You won't believe the real sick part of the whole thing, I was married to a manipulator, a controller. This will blow your mind, when I think of how manipulated I was, I was separated from friends and family at times, and my brother had a shop here in town that he did a lot of old stuff, he rebuilt the carb on the Dream Truck! You see it was owned by someone just a few miles from where I lived! I could have went to my brothers shop and sat in it for goodness sakes! Hell, I could have went to the guys house and saw it. I knew it was there, but never got to see it. Blows my mind.

Brian

Old 09-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
MARTINSR

Do you know the name of the show? I am trying to find more photos.

Brian

Old 09-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #10
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Like I have said, we are brothers from other mothers Mr48.
Ha ha, this made me laugh. My brother-in-law and I go one step further and call ourselves, "Brothers from other mother of other colors!" He's Anglo and I'm Hispanic and we laugh about it every time it comes up.

Quote:
You won't believe the real sick part of the whole thing, I was married to a manipulator, a controller. This will blow your mind, when I think of how manipulated I was, I was separated from friends and family at times, and my brother had a shop here in town that he did a lot of old stuff, he rebuilt the carb on the Dream Truck! You see it was owned by someone just a few miles from where I lived! I could have went to my brothers shop and sat in it for goodness sakes! Hell, I could have went to the guys house and saw it. I knew it was there, but never got to see it. Blows my mind.
Brian
Brian,

Sorry to clutter up this good thread with a short episode of "Oprah" but I too was married to a manipulator who LOVED the closeness of my family (mom & 2 sisters) when we married but grew to hate that we were so close and bit by bit wanted us to pull away more and more until we almost never saw my family. We were married 20 years and my life has gotten SO much better since it ended and my family connections were refreshed.

Unfortunately, my son married the same kind of woman his mother modeled for him. We were always super close, about baseball, cars, politics, you name it until he married her and now I never see him, never speak to him - he's not "allowed".
I hope he wakes up some day (soon), re-attaches his cojones and rejoins his family.

Now, back to our regularly schedule program!!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #11
MARTINSR

I hear you Dan, people just don't know how powerful a manipulator can be. The bigger your heart, the more vulnerable you are.

Brian

Old 09-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #12
Russell Ashley

I remember flipping out over that dream truck and then having my heart broken when I saw a pic of it all mangled up after it rolled. Now it seems strange to me that they flat towed it instead of trailering it. I'm glad that someone restored it.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #13
mr48chev

Quote:
Do you know the name of the show? I am trying to find more photos.

Brian
1982 Chevy-GMC Truckin Nationals in Ogden Utah.

A bit of a side note, the Dream truck has never been shown in competition . That let me get first place in the radical custom class at the show pretty much by default. When the awards were given out I said that there probably would have been bigger bragging rights with my friends back home if I had placed second to the Dream truck.

If it didn't get lost in a move or ruined in a box in the shed I should have an album of photos from the show.

I never got the issue of the magazine that Seth Dalton put out that had coverage of the event and sure would like to have a copy because there should be a photo of my late son and myself with the 48 in it with the award.

An old thread on the dream truck on the HAMB https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...m-truck.85731/

Last edited by mr48chev; 09-13-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #14
MARTINSR

I don't remember if it originally had the Corvette wheel like I am running, DAMN does it look good there!

Brian

Old 09-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #15
mr48chev

I had a red one in my truck when I first built it in 1973 I paid a friend 10 bucks for it when he bought a 59 Corvette to turn into a custom chassis race car. My buddy ended up with the Corvette frame under his Model A coupe body that was cut down into a sort of a roadster. That one was the granddad of all rat rods I'd have to think but it drove great.

I've got a 53 Bel Air wheel for mine but that may change. If I could find a deal on a larger flat Nardi wood wheel that had a 50's look I'd run that.