The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
EdSevered

Recommended Body Shop in SE WI?

Hi all,

It's been along since I've posted. My project ('71 Cheyenne Fleet) has been stalled, partially due to laziness, and partially due to the realization that the next step for my truck is to get the cab squared away. Needs some floor and door work, and cab corners, the usual. I'm not afraid to try the work, but I don't have the tools. I'm not planning on ever doing another vehicle, so I figure that purchasing the tools and supplies could easily cost as much as simply getting the work done by a professional.

And I would like to get a static 4/6 lowering kit installed, I could probably handle that, if a C-Notch is not required (I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions on that).

Can anyone recommend a quality/reliable and reasonably priced Body Shop/Customization place in South East Wisconsin? Maybe someone that has a history of working with our trucks? I might consider shipping the truck, if the shop is just that good. (I can't remember if stating business names in a thread is against the Forum rules, so a PM would be okay.)

TIA!
EdSevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
davepl

Re: Recommended Body Shop in SE WI?

I don't know how far you are from Chippewa Falls, but as far as I'm concerned you've got the top shop in the nation, or one of them, in your back yard: Musclecar Restoration in Chippewa Falls, WI. I've shipped whole projects there and even shipped my truck out across the country just to do the paint on the blue truck even though I was doing the resto myself.

What they are not is cheap, however. But if you've got the funds, they're genuine craftspeople.
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
EdSevered

Thank you for your quick response. I checked out their website. Will give them a call when they're open.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
FirstOwner69

Not in southeast Wisconsin, but Eagle Collision in Eagle River did the paint and body on my '69. They have a building devoted to restorations. The person who heads that portion of their business also did most of the paint and body work on my NCRS Duntov and Bloomington Gold '58 Corvette. They also do full restorations including mechanical. I highly recommend them. Call and ask for Mark. (715)479-4311

Remember... good work doesn't come cheap.

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 04-07-2018 at 02:35 PM.
FirstOwner69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
EdSevered

Thank you! Yes, I understand that good work isn't cheap, and I'm not trying to cheap-out, just wanted to make sure that fair pricing was a parameter for the recommendation. As we all know, there are some shady Auto Body Shops out there. I suppose I should've worded it that way. If I was being completely honest, I don't what fair prices are for the work that is needed. I am going to see what kind of quotes I can get based on photographs, if possible.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
jjhenry

To give you another option, I'll plug my cousin's shop: Driven Restorations outside of Randolph. Not a budget shop either, but they don't cut corners. They recently renovated their whole shop and have a brand new paint booth.

(920) 326-9314
jjhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #7
rotaxtech

I've had experience with multiple body shops in the Burlington, WI area. By far the best work I've seen is from a small shop called Unique Automotive. He always has classic cars in the shop. 2 man team. He is doing my next C10 project. Definitely worth a call to him. Unique Automotive (262) 763-3499
rotaxtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #8
Slowguy

Good post. I’m in the exact same boat and in the exact same area. Although, I am in a more budget-oriented state of mind because of all the money I’m spending in other areas of my truck. I’d like to see if any of these shops could do the metal replacement only. I have all my metal sitting in the shop but right now I’m still concentrating on getting the engine built. It’d be nice to have the metal replaced while I’m in the middle of the engine.
Attached Images

Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
EdSevered

Again, thank you.

I will be reaching out to Unique Automotive in Burlington next week. If I can spend the money on the truck, rather than paying to ship it somewhere much further away, maybe I can get a couple more things done to it.

It looks like I may have to get there before SlowGuy gets ahead of me in line.

Last edited by EdSevered; 04-06-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #10
Slowguy

Not to worry. It’s going to be a while for me. Just looking at options for now.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote