The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

See kids, we all have to start somewhere

Pay no attention to the post count.

Look at the join date, the post date, and the post content

Tim I’m glad you got it all figured out! You, your pictures, and your content are a huge asset to the board.

Sorry the pic turned out crappy ... did it from cell phone, but I think you get the gist lol.
Attached Images

CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
truckster

Re: See kids, we all have to start somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Look at the join date, the post date, and the post content

Tim I’m glad you got it all figured out! You, your pictures, and your content are a huge asset to the board.

Sorry the pic turned out crappy ... did it from cell phone, but I think you get the gist lol.
That's pretty funny in retrospect.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:53 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Could someone please run a how-to by me once more? I think I've forgotten more than I've learned?

Back then I had 9 trucks in my signature but couldn't post a picture. Now I can post a picture but only have 1 1/2. I this a good thing? I think not . Let's see, I was married back then, had my house about paid off, a second home, 49 years old, had a barn shop on a farm full of trucks, light brown hair, a dog, a cat, a girlfriend... DOH! Just kidding on the last one.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:10 PM   #4
davischevy

I want the name of the SOB that taught him how to post pictures and set the monster loose.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I want the name of the SOB that taught him how to post pictures and set the monster loose.
I'm sure that he's self taught, in the SOB category. I know that I am! Though to be honest, he's pretty cool, and not all that S-O-B-ish. :thumbup:

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Please please please do! I wish no one was counting. To tell the truth, it embarrasses me. I never look and don't feel I'm any different than the good members here who have join dates of 1999 with 147 posts. It's just a dang website and I just enjoy having a place to talk with others about the trucks that have been in my life as long as I can remember. That's right, we are talking months!!

Was it you who taught me the picture thing? On the behalf of all the board here I am posting a selfie, which was not even a thing back then. Ready, aim, shoot
Name:  IMG_1282.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  66.5 KB
Thanks, CG for your appreciation of my contributions to this site. Good and bad, right? Hey, I'm no pretty picture to paint. My post count really got rolling when I started covering events with hundreds of pictures, starting "Pic Thread:....." uh threads, being forum staff a few years, and pitching in info. Believe it or not, I'm not the guy who has to be in command of a conversation in real life. Even find myself having a hard time stepping into ones with someone who does. Let 'em talk, I'll just listen to the S.O.B!

Quote:
Sonna who?? Why yi outta . I think it was CG ^^^. I wasn't always sucha one. It all began with the kids in elementary school poking fun at my ride to school. Hey, dad had to make a living and the county was afeared to be sendin' a bus up ar holler. So dad done his truck up just for me. They jist deeid nawt git it I figger
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  45.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I'm sure that he's self taught, in the SOB category. I know that I am! Though to be honest, he's pretty cool, and not all that S-O-B-ish. :thumbup:
You gotta be cool here or they'll kick y'ass out! Don't worry about my French, that's short for assets. Who doesn't know that? Thanks for the kind words Steevie. If you don't mind I'd like to send my gal over to give you a big hug and kiss. Tell your wife not to worry, she is no threat to your relationship. You're probably not into big fat biker chicks anyway
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #7
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I'm just going remain silent......lol

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
Travisarmenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Please please please do! I wish no one was counting. To tell the truth, it embarrasses me. I never look and don't feel I'm any different than the good members here who have join dates of 1999 with 147 posts. It's just a dang website and I just enjoy having a place to talk with others about the trucks that have been in my life as long as I can remember. That's right, we are talking months!!

Was it you who taught me the picture thing? On the behalf of all the board here I am posting a selfie, which was not even a thing back then. Ready, aim, shoot
Attachment 1827917
Thanks, CG for your appreciation of my contributions to this site. Good and bad, right? Hey, I'm no pretty picture to paint. My post count really got rolling when I started covering events with hundreds of pictures, starting "Pic Thread:....." uh threads, being forum staff a few years, and pitching in info. Believe it or not, I'm not the guy who has to be in command of a conversation in real life. Even find myself having a hard time stepping into ones with someone who does. Let 'em talk, I'll just listen to the S.O.B!

Sonna who?? Why yi outta . I think it was CG ^^^. I wasn't always sucha one. It all began with the kids in elementary school poking fun at my ride to school. Hey, dad had to make a living and the county was afeared to be sendin' a bus up ar holler. So dad done his truck up just for me. They jist deeid nawt git it I figger
Attachment 1827916

You gotta be cool here or they'll kick y'ass out! Don't worry about my French, that's short for assets. Who doesn't know that? Thanks for the kind words Steevie. If you don't mind I'd like to send my gal over to give you a big hug and kiss. Tell your wife not to worry, she is no threat to your relationship. You're probably not into big fat biker chicks anyway
Too Good lol
Travisarmenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #9
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

This thread!

And where did you find that picture of my wife!?

Simi Valley, CA
Old 10-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #10
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Something I'm not very good at.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #11
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Me Too ! except for if I would of never joined this group I never would of learned this

"Some Days Chickens And Some Days Feathers"
Old 10-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #12
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Something I'm not very good at.
It'ssomething my attorney taught me years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Me Too ! except for if I would of never joined this group I never would of learned this

"Some Days Chickens And Some Days Feathers"
I'm sure getting tired of feathers.....time for some chicken....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

I don't have to stay silent. Nobody listens when I talk anyway.

Where's the instigator of this thread anyway. And the kids who are to be taking a lesson on this?

I think this is a good place to post these selfies. One was ten years ago. Guess which one
Attached Images

Tim

Old 10-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #14
davischevy

The top/first one was, but is that the same hat? It looks older in the first pic.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #15
davischevy

[QUOTE=Ol Blue K20;8360315]It'ssomething my attorney taught me years ago

In matters where attorneys are required, you need to know when to shut up for sure.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:13 PM   #16
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

[quote=davischevy;8360727]
Quote:
It'ssomething my attorney taught me years ago

In matters where attorneys are required, you need to know when to shut up for sure.
If non- LEO people give me grief about something, I just tell them that I have attorneys on retainer, and that they are better then their attorneys. For LEO people (haven't had it happen) I will just hand them the attorney's business card. And I know when to shut my pie hole. Just need to get the wife on the same page with that one.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 10-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Are we confusing real life with the internet forum world? I pay a lawyer to do my talking. Here I spout it out. In other real world situations I size the other guy up, decide how much pain I can bare, and go from there

clarification: This is not a boost Tim's ego thread for me. For me it's a how much embarrassment can I handle. Doin' good so far. Have at it. High post count, close-up shot of my aging... I'm sure I can come up with more ways, but if others need to roast a person, I'm your guy (Did I really just invite that?).

Larry, you're right. It's the same old hat that hangs in my little barn I've had since the early '80s. I love clothing with wear. That one is doing a good job of wearing. Probably was the first time wearing since the earlier shot.

I'll be doing the rear brakes on my '72 soon. I have a shot my son took the last time I did them in '07. I'll have to bring this thread back with a new shot of the same.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-10-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #18
Keith Seymore

Quote:

I think this is a good place to post these selfies. One was ten years ago. Guess which one
Jeez!! We are the same person!!

(lol)
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #19
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post

(lol)
Like Superman and Clark Kent.... guess that explains why we never see both of you together!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #20
abig84

I'm pretty new to this site but have been a member of a different one for a little over 10 years. About a month ago I went back and looked at all the threads I started when I first joined, pretty interesting how little I knew it's pretty embarrassing.

But back then I used to be a pool of knowledge on squarebodys now a days I noticed people know a lot more then I know , probably cause I forgot a lot of it. Built one like 10 years ago and has just been trouble free
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #21
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post

(lol)
Now that right there must be scary.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
I'm pretty new to this site but have been a member of a different one for a little over 10 years. About a month ago I went back and looked at all the threads I started when I first joined, pretty interesting how little I knew it's pretty embarrassing.

But back then I used to be a pool of knowledge on squarebodys now a days I noticed people know a lot more then I know , probably cause I forgot a lot of it. Built one like 10 years ago and has just been trouble free
I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about 67 to 72's when I joined this site. I found out otherwise real quick.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #23
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:

Attachment 1827917

Attachment 1827916

I clearly have been gone to long.. lol Tim... seriously, im lmao over here
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:06 PM   #24
Killer Bee

had no idea special-K was so handsome!

eta; never mind, just found my glasses!

JK, thank you for keeping the board fun!

Last edited by Killer Bee; 10-11-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: found my glasses
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post

Quote:
I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about 67 to 72's when I joined this site. I found out otherwise real quick.
I really knew my stuff when I joined. I used to lurk and would see unanswered questions or wild axe guesses, so I joined in. I remember when Longhorn Man said "You're one of us now". I felt 10' tall in Smurfville. I must have hit my head pretty hard busting through the roof cuss now I'm half stupid and forgot more than I knew. What does the 10 stand for in C/10 anyway? And what about the C? Can't be Chevy because GMCs are C-series, too and 4wds are Ks... Kevys? GMCs sure don't look 150x bigger than Chevys but they are C1500s. Chevys got 5 lugs and GMCs got 6 lug, right? Big back window was an option on '67 Chevys and small window was an option on '67 GMCs, I do know that much. So many questions, so few answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I clearly have been gone to long.. lol Tim... seriously, im lmao over here
Well that makes me real happy, Liz (the part about lyao, not the been away too long thing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
had no idea special-K was so handsome!

eta; never mind, just found my glasses!
HEY! You wanna fight? Oh, there are my readers. Uh, sorry bout that. You're right. Dayum, what happened? Momma always said I was handsome. I gotta go now. Pretty depressed my momma lied to me

Thought I was strong, too!
Attached Images

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-11-2018 at 10:30 PM.