The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Tomo

2013 Silverado undercoating

Not sure if this has been discussed here before. I bought a new crew cab z71 back in 2013 has about 35,000 miles now. Very happy with the truck except for 1 thing last year I noticed that the factory coating on the frame was coming off in large areas. I took the truck to the dealership and they told me that GM has issued a bulletin for this issue. They stripped the frame while on the truck and painted everything they could get to - following the bulletin instructions GM put out. Has anyone else had this issue? I bought this truck with the intentions of having it for a long time and I am still concerned about the top of the frame, the inside of the frame & the other parts they couldn't get to - these areas are showing small rust spots.
Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
GM-power

Re: 2013 Silverado undercoating

It's going to come off over time. There is no stopping that. Being down south we don't have to big and issue with this, so I've never had a need to do a warranty corrosion repair. On the 3/4 ton and 1 ton work trucks I work on that have been a abused and taken all over, the frame just has surface rust. I honestly wouldn't really worry about it to much. Just wash it off good and frequently when you drive on the salt.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
Tomo

I was thinking about this again yesterday and I looked up a few ideas. I might coat it with Fluid Film to give myself more peace of mind. Anyone have experience with this product? Seems to have good reviews.

https://www.theruststore.com/Fluid-F...-Can-P181.aspx
Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
Tim Christian

We are already making Rockers, Cab Corners and upper wheel arches for 07-13 Silverados so it will rust the question is when.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote