The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Are you stubborn?

So for truck stuff I prefer to use this place. Don't feel like sourcing a bunch more venues. Hey got any more pictures of you build? Oh yeah, check out my Facebook page, or check out my Instagram, or check out this ... Blah!

So many times when you try to check out the Facebook stuff it doesn't let you see because of some sort of settings. Instagram seems to be, here's a picture make a nice comment. No real substance like you could put on a post of a message board.

When I do an image search so many of the little thumbnails are Pinterest links, good luck trying to see them full size ... You gotta have an account, or know some sort of secret handshake.

I asked someone recently if they have build pics of their cool stuff. Oh yes, check out my Instagram. I know this is a really good fella, but honestly I don't even bother trying anymore.

So much stuff on this board is getting watered down or completely filtered out. I think (maybe I'm wrong), people are enamored in getting followers, or likes. Sigh, I really liked the one stop shopping this place used to have

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
RedBed

Re: Are you stubborn?

Stubborn. Yes.

I have literally lost friends because I will NOT use "social" media. I really do not want to know what anybody had for breakfast, etc. What ever happened to privacy? Seems like it is a lost art.

But this forum is great. Because trucks.

Last edited by RedBed; 03-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.
RedBed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Yes there is the personal aspect of social media for sure that just befuddles me.

But the stuff "I care about" (heh), our trucks ... Bring em back home fellas!!!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Agree 100% FB drives me nuts sometimes. I am a member of several 67-72 groups and you get someone that asks a question that either 50 people respond with the same answer or you get the one or more jacklegs that are throwing out incorrect answers on purpose. I like the simplicity of this page and the people that frequent, as well as the great job the team leaders/ moderators/ admins do with keeping the crap extinguished.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
mongocanfly
Post Whore

agreed...im as stubborn as they come when it comes to technology...non of that facecrap kind of stuff...friends tell me all the time im living in a cave...I don't even have one of them new fangled smarter than me phones....10yr old flippy phone for me...

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #6
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I don't think it's being stubborn. It's a matter of being convenient to use. It seems every time they "Improve" something it becomes twice as hard to use if at all.

I don't use FB or IG. or Twitter. Too much hassle for me. Now if I started a small business I'd probably start using all 3 to promote it, but that's business.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Maybe not stubborn as much as I simply do not understand most technology so I get frustrated so I don't use it. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter -- nope, no interest in any of 'em, have never used them, don't have an account with any of 'em. Downside is I sometimes feel like I'm missing out on something. Upside is..... for the most part, I don't care. I enjoy this board for sure (and a couple others on a smaller scale), but that's about the extent of it.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #8
davischevy

I suppose we all are to some extent or we wouldn't go to the trouble to keep these trucks alive.

I belong to FB both as a business and personally. FB gets our business a lot more attention than our web page.

I belong to several of the FB truck pages, but I don't participate. I mostly read notices about events and parts. It is futile for me to try to search for something.

This site is by far the best forum I belong to as far as people being courteous to each other and sorting topics in an appropriate forum.

I am one of those that started a thread that developed a life all it's own. When I started the FaceTruck thread, I had no idea it would go longer than a few posts. I did it as a spoof, making fun of all the worthless crap that gets posted on FB. It did just that for the most part.

That said, I don't think some of the spoof type threads "water down" the site in general. As I said before, the site is well organized, so that the worthless crap can be ignored if you don't want to look at it. On the other hand it keeps the worthless crap out of the way of valuable info.

Stubborn? You ain't changin' me.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

When it comes to content, substance, value, etc, this place is far more social. Far more personable. That social media is not a place to get in depth about anything. I just wish I had some way to know how many people liked what I just said.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
When it comes to content, substance, value, etc, this place is far more social. Far more personable. That social media is not a place to get in depth about anything. I just wish I had some way to know how many people liked what I just said.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #11
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I guess I'm stubborn. This is my kind of place and I'm standing by it.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #13
'63GENIII

I belong to a few other forums as well and this one is by far the most organized, active and welcoming. Welcoming is the key word for me.

Every time Ive started a project, Ive been able to research quite successfully ahead of time. If I can't find the information through the search, I can ask a question. No matter how dumb or poorly worded my questions have been, I have yet to get flamed for it. I cannot say this for the other couple of forums that Im on.

Now the FB version of this forum is a totally different animal. I signed up on it and have visited it a few times but its really not my cup of tea. Seems there can be a lot of misinformation posted and like anybody here, misinformation can cost you a few $$$ if you aren't able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

IG and Twitter.. I have no clue. Pinterest is another one that for me almost has too much information that has nothing to do with what I'm into. Guess I need to learn how to use it better.

This site is it for me. Wish some of the other sites that I "need" were as good as this one.

Put me in the stubborn category.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:43 PM   #14
mongocanfly
Post Whore

im gonna be stubborn and say "don't like"............just kidding

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
Old 03-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #15
harpo231

Thumbs up Re: Are you stubborn?

harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #16
shp4man

I joined Facebook just to see what became of my old girlfriends (from the 70's. They got fat ) but got bored with it and quit.
I'm not only stubborn, I'm a regular grumpy old man, sometimes cynical to the point of offending millennials...Oh, well....
Old 03-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #17
Boog
laying low

No. I'm not stubborn. And I won't change for any body!
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #18
flashed

Yes ,Im stubborn ,this is my favorite place . Selling on Facebook has its good points ,loading pics from my phone there is also easy ,never figured out how here .I sold 2 trucks and a Subaru last week on there . I have sold quite a few truck parts there too including a set of truck buckets yesterday .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #19
a1vintage69

Yes , I guess I'm stubborn. My basketball nickname in high school was Mule e! I love this site. Best collection of old timers around and some good young talent also. The format was a bit different from the Camaro, Chevelle and Nova sites and like Flashed said it took me a little getting used to to be able to post pictures. Best place in the WORLD to get info and buy, sell, trade!!! THANKS 67-72 Chevytrucks.com. you all have made a great place to hang out! woof, a1
a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #20
joedoh

my name is in the dictionary as a past tense of stubborn. if a buyer on a craigslist deal wastes my time and then offers half what I am asking as an opener, I wont sell it to them at any price, even full price.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #21
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by shp4man View Post
I joined Facebook just to see what became of my old girlfriends (from the 70's. They got fat ) but got bored with it and quit.
I'm not only stubborn, I'm a regular grumpy old man, sometimes cynical to the point of offending millennials...Oh, well....
Classic
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
flashed

Bomp ,I agree with you on all the above , I resisted until my flip phone died and Verizon refused to get me another one . Im glad they did ,like you ,I use it as a very useful tool for buying and selling . Just dont post about a 1/2 dozen different items for sale on 8 or more Facebook groups pages at 1 AM when you are half asleep . My phone blew up for a solid week but I sold everything except my Trans Am . Other than not sleeping good I made killer cash .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

I'm not stubborn when it comes to this topic. I am here out of preference. If the other was better I might be there now instead of here. I am slow to change, don't need something new constantly. This forum is like none other I've seen, but it's not about this forum it's about online forums vs social media sites. I only check out FB and it seems like there is no substance. I see jibber jabber for the sake of jibber jabber and a whole lot of self promotion. With 67-72 trucks, I go there and they are debating which trucks got the small back window or whether only 67s had no side markers or when they became lighted. One wrong answer arguing with the other wrong answer, a right answer, then back to the wrong offering again. Drives me nuts. It's worthless matter. I swear a couple years ago I checked and it was the same questions. No info gets retained there like here. I stopped answering questions, for the most part, years ago when I realized how much had become common knowledge here. Always someone to come along with the answer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #24
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I worked in MILSATCOM for most of my career. That's at the bleeding edge of technology, but all I ever had up until a year ago was a burner phone from WalMart. Cheapest way to get rescue on the freeway, thank you very much, T-Mobile pay-as-you-go. But it got to the point with my last $23 phone that things just weren't happening, so I got a Samsung something or other. No FB, IG, whatever other Two- or Three Letter Acronym (TLA) platform people use. I don't even watch TV. The last movie I saw in a movie house was "Hidden Figures", last year when we had a new shell put on the truck. Recliners in a movie house?! What the Heck is that!?

Stubborn, the above isn't; it's curmudgeonly. Stubborn is taking 6-1/2 years to get a 4 year degree in physics, because even though I had the GI Bill, I still had to work for a living, especially since I got married half way through. People at work used to call me the bulldog, because if a problem needed fixing, I'd fasten my teeth onto it until the answer was gotten.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:19 AM   #25
mongocanfly
Post Whore

dang bomp....my eyes are crossed from all that reading.....ill just stay under my rock...for now...haha

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse