The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #1
Pinchecharlie

side trim options/quality?

debating wether or not to buy side trim for my truck. right now brothers has it on sale but ive read that mar-k is better? any opinions? fit and finish on brothers product? pitfalls on aftermarket trim? resources for original trim? thanks charlie
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
LT1 Burb

Re: side trim options/quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post
debating wether or not to buy side trim for my truck. right now brothers has it on sale but ive read that mar-k is better? any opinions? fit and finish on brothers product? pitfalls on aftermarket trim? resources for original trim? thanks charlie
Mar K is as good as original , the rest is thin and dents easily.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #3
CousinTone

Mar-K = $562 + 158 ground shipping $720 all in.
Others = $350 to $400 + shipping
Brothers Sale for locals who can pick up = +/- $250 or $275, I forget (at work) plus mileage, a great deal for those of us in So Cal.

Mar-K is by far the best but you have to pay A LOT for those. Not sure how often mouldings get dented, even some of the OE stuff for sale in the classifieds is dented. It's a tough call. You can start with Brothers (I'm buying a boat load of stuff from this sale, its almost 1/2 off!!) and if you don't like how they look after a couple of years, you got a good use of the money for those years and you can get the money you've been putting away for the Mar-K sets each month since you saved early and have been putting $25 a month in the "cookie jar".

I will try the Brothers and give them a try. Can't complain if they end up in different angles versus straight. If I have a lot of extra cash and building a truck that i'm showing, then maybe, maybe Mar-K. Probably be Brothers again and I've had 2 sets for what mar k charges for 1
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
Tork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
Mar-K = $562 + 158 ground shipping $720 all in.
Others = $350 to $400 + shipping
Brothers Sale for locals who can pick up = +/- $250 or $275, I forget (at work) plus mileage, a great deal for those of us in So Cal.

Mar-K is by far the best but you have to pay A LOT for those. Not sure how often mouldings get dented, even some of the OE stuff for sale in the classifieds is dented. It's a tough call. You can start with Brothers (I'm buying a boat load of stuff from this sale, its almost 1/2 off!!) and if you don't like how they look after a couple of years, you got a good use of the money for those years and you can get the money you've been putting away for the Mar-K sets each month since you saved early and have been putting $25 a month in the "cookie jar".

I will try the Brothers and give them a try. Can't complain if they end up in different angles versus straight. If I have a lot of extra cash and building a truck that i'm showing, then maybe, maybe Mar-K. Probably be Brothers again and I've had 2 sets for what mar k charges for 1
The Brothers full trim set, at least for 69-72, is from MarK. I called a couple weeks ago and confirmed. Can't speak to the individual pieces or their 67-68.

Where are you getting the MarK price? I'm seeing higher on their site.
Tork? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
CousinTone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork? View Post
The Brothers full trim set, at least for 69-72, is from MarK. I called a couple weeks ago and confirmed. Can't speak to the individual pieces or their 67-68.

Where are you getting the MarK price? I'm seeing higher on their site.
I looked on the Mar-K site. Might have looked at wrong stuff, but if Brothers is Mar-K, they're having a HUGE sale through April 30, take a look and I bet it's affordable or at least more affordable than direct from Mar-K. If Brother's is out of anything on a sale, if you ordered it and submitted your payment info, they'll honor the price and charge you when the item comes in. Great service although I just drive there, about 1/2 hour each way. Classic Industries, POL are closer and CPP is a mile down the road. I guess i'm lucky that way. Easy to empty the bank account!!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
Tork?

Brothers sale does not apply to the complete molding sets
Tork? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:39 AM   #7
CousinTone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork? View Post
Brothers sale does not apply to the complete molding sets
It says sale and when you get to the details it's $499 for the complete set for my truck, 64 LB FS. I don't know what you're running but mine is usually most expensive for that sort of stuff being so big. Take a look, I just went and confirmed pricing. Check out what shipping will be to you. THey say it requires an additional $28 special charge. If you want, order/pay for your truck, i can pick them up and ship them at a regular rate, they charge an arm, led and a hand. Not a problem for me. I enjoy doing things for everyone on the board. I've been treated very well here and I don't mind doing favors at all and I'm going to be there anyway getting my stuff. Right now, my list is at $3,200 (700 more than I had budgeted, but i'm in sales, just need to hit the bricks harder!!) Just give me the word and size/weight and i"ll get the price or you can yourself, my zip is 92870. Still $100 less than Mar-K and it's the same per Brothers and they've always been honest with me. So let me know. You can pm me if you want to discuss anything sensitive. have a good weekend. Tony
Old 04-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #8
Pinchecharlie

So just for information sake...
Brothers truck parts side trim was delivered drop shipped from mar-k
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #9
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I just looked at their online and it says $569 and discounted to $484! Plus $28 over size.

How are you getting it for $400??

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!

Last edited by Clyde65; 04-26-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote