The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2019, 11:35 PM   #1
bigdaddy4x4

06 6.0 reflash

I have been working on a 2006 hummer with a 6.0 for over a month now and cant get it to run right . its in the limp mode and will not go .does having a ecm reflashed something that is needed after replaceing certain parts .I have checked over everything and don't know what else to do.
bigdaddy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #2
Wildkarde

Re: 06 6.0 reflash

The only flashing work you should have to when replacing parts is crank relearn if you replace the crank position sensor. What codes is it throwing? Is this a swap or is it still in the hummer.
Wildkarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
bigdaddy4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkarde View Post
The only flashing work you should have to when replacing parts is crank relearn if you replace the crank position sensor. What codes is it throwing? Is this a swap or is it still in the hummer.
this 6.0 is in a hummer h2.working on it for a buddy. I do have a 6.0 from a 2006 hummer in my 79 Silverado and 2006 6.0 from a 2006 2500hd in my 77 crew .so I know the engines and the wiring pretty well. but I have had no luck tryin to find the problem on the hummer .. it is throwing these codes p0102 p0300 and a code for the coolant temp.sensor cant remember it . and these are what I call hard codes they keep showing up after being cleared .
Old 05-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
Wildkarde

So random cylinder misfire and MAF low, you didn't go over any of the stuff you have checked so some of this may be redundant.

Vacuum leaks are one of the common sources for both codes.

If you are sure it isn't a vacuum leak and you know it isn't a clogged filter or air intake tube(i've seen mice build massive nests in the air intakes that aren't easilly seen). Try swapping the sensor with the one from your truck to rule out a bad sensor.

If you rule out a bad sensor, get a meter and make sure you have 12v between the pink wire and the black/white wire on the sensor connector. If not check if you have power between pink and any good ground. If still nothing check the fuse, and then start looking for a broken wire.
Wildkarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
bigdaddy4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkarde View Post
So random cylinder misfire and MAF low, you didn't go over any of the stuff you have checked so some of this may be redundant.

Vacuum leaks are one of the common sources for both codes.

If you are sure it isn't a vacuum leak and you know it isn't a clogged filter or air intake tube(i've seen mice build massive nests in the air intakes that aren't easilly seen). Try swapping the sensor with the one from your truck to rule out a bad sensor.

If you rule out a bad sensor, get a meter and make sure you have 12v between the pink wire and the black/white wire on the sensor connector. If not check if you have power between pink and any good ground. If still nothing check the fuse, and then start looking for a broken wire.
I have done checked every wire that I know of redid the grounds . replaced the pigtails on the throttle body maf sensor and coolant temp sensor .and I have tried to use a differnt pedal and tac and maf and t/b with no luck I checked the wires to both of my 6.0 truck everything seems to be the same as them .I pulled the spark plugs out to do a compression test and one side the rt side plugs were real black and the left side are clean gona replace them later tday and hope for the best
Old 06-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
bigdaddy4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy4x4 View Post
I have done checked every wire that I know of redid the grounds . replaced the pigtails on the throttle body maf sensor and coolant temp sensor .and I have tried to use a differnt pedal and tac and maf and t/b with no luck I checked the wires to both of my 6.0 truck everything seems to be the same as them .I pulled the spark plugs out to do a compression test and one side the rt side plugs were real black and the left side are clean gona replace them later tday and hope for the best
I got out today and checked the cats and found out they both sides were clogged up they both are bad .my problem was I checked the cats before and they seem fine but the inside of the cats are broke up and move around causeing it to loose power I never had a bad cat before but I know now one good thing is the h2 is emission exempt its over 8600 gvw so I want have to buy new cats .