The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
cooperhw

1963 Long Bed Step Side

Truck is in pretty good shape with the only rust being small and confined to where the kick panel hits the floor/rockers and rockers in that area as well. Has a really cool custom welded rear bumper and a factory tach in the dash.
Sorry I only have this one picture here (truck is located on my summer place in the mountains about 3 hours away).
Purchased this truck in a multi truck deal with the intentions of always selling it this year. The truck has a 4 speed still in the truck and the 305 Big V6 is in the bed of the truck so I have to assume it's junk.
Just wanted to see what you guys think the value is. I know it's not a ton, but was hoping somebody might actually want a long bed step side 4 speed truck to use as a truck and hoping it might be worth around $1500?
Attached Images

Last edited by cooperhw; 03-05-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: error
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
cooperhw

Re: 1963 Long Bed Step Side

I do want to make it clear that this is not a For Sale ad as the vehicle is hours away from me and will not be for sale for a few months. I know a lot of areas these old starters go for a lot less, and possibly areas where the get more. Just wanted to get some feedback as to starting asking price. I figure you can always negotiate down but almost impossible to ever get the original asking price.
Lastly bed and hood are near perfect.

I will need to start somewhere.

Last edited by cooperhw; 03-05-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: error
Old 03-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Start high & take whatever lol $1500-2000 would be high on that for a buyer but there's always somebody willing to pay. A project truck like that is usually $500-1000 with clear title.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
cooperhw

I agree that I must start high which is what I did. I know from selling cars/trucks over the years that you have to add in your "wiggle room" up front cause everyone (including myself) will offer less than what you are asking.
I know the long beds are less desirable than the short beds and step sides are less desirable than fleet sides.
I did sell one last year and the guy only wanted a long bed and only wanted 3/4 ton as well.
I originally thought about pulling the bed, shortening the frame (done a few already), and dropping a short step side onto it. Has since decided to just leave it alone. Whole lot of work and will not make much (if any) more money.
Good thing is it's high and dry and does not eat or cost anything to sit there.
Hopefully someone will come along later in the year once I get it down to Phoenix and be wanting a Long Stepper as they are known back east.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
cooperhw

few more

I think this truck used to be a state roads dept. truck from the state yellow paint. Not only that but all the toggle switches marked with info, and that custom welded/fabricated rear step bumper. Big as heck but kinda cool too. Recessed plate for function (keep from getting it torn off) not fashion.
Attached Images