The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
Blazedup

56 big window build questions

Hey guys. I’m working on a 1956 big window short bed that I got from my dad just before he passed 10 years ago. He purchased this truck in 1959 and it was his pride and joy and daily driver until it was given to me. When I first got the truck I installed a 76 Camaro subframe and never got the truck put back together . Long story short, I’m now determined to get her back on the road. I recently picked up a 2001 2wd Tahoe with a 5.3l and would like to swap the engine and tranny in the 56 and add airbags. Which parts from the Tahoe should I pull for use on the 56 before I part out the rest of the Tahoe? Will the GM f body swap pan be the best for the sub framed 56? Headers? Do the spring pockets on the Camaro clip need to be opened up for 2500 or 2600 airbags? Sorry for all of the questions, just want to make sure I build it right since it will continue to be in my family for generations to come. Any tips and advice will be much appreciated. Thanks
56 Chev SWB big window(been in family since 59 project)
Blazedup is offline   Reply With Quote