The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2020, 04:03 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Merge with truck side of the board?

This area of the board is barely alive haha! I notice so many of the questions go unanswered or barely answered when the question is the same one that would get a lot of answers over on the truck side. I mean its basically the same vehicle and my guess is most of the burb questions are also truck questions. Very few actual burb only questions.

Maybe keep the builds area? Even this gets spread around the board. Truck area, 4x4 area, and burb area. Just tossing it out there. Probably get moved to the suggestions area ... Another area not really visited by the masses, just us complainers haha!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:51 AM   #2
53burb

Re: Merge with truck side of the board?

If I have a question specific to Burbs, I ask it here....if I know it's the same as the trucks, which most things are, Ill ask there....
But, like you said, there's very few things that apply to Burbs only....doors, AC(rear), frames....
53burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
68panelman

I think it's fine the way it is, merging would make a mess of the pickup side.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Im the same, 67-72 Burb specific I ask here. Questions I know are specific for all I ask on the truck side. But it doesnt seem to be the way a lot of the questions are being put out there. As far as messing up the truck side, I dont know about messing up, its very slow here and wouldnt put much stress on the truck side. If you really look at the truck side, and both you two that have answered so far have been around a long time, its super slow there compared to just a few years ago.

Maybe the way things have been spread out all over the internet for our hobby we should tighten up here. It will give the appearances at least of being more lively and will encourage folks to rethink and come back or join in the first place. If it gets out of hand, wouldnt that be fun again! we could split things off.

Im not going anywhere either way, just tossing it out there.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #5
68panelman

I think if people learned how to use the site more correctly,it would not be an issue, especially the search option. Suburbans/Panels are low production as we all know.
If a member owns one, I'm sure it doesn't take very long to find this area, or at the least pointed in the right direction
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:31 AM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68panelman View Post
I think if people learned how to use the site more correctly,it would not be an issue, especially the search option. Suburbans/Panels are low production as we all know.
If a member owns one, I'm sure it doesn't take very long to find this area, or at the least pointed in the right direction
Good points! That search really throws people off, Ive been using it forever and it still throws me sometimes lol.

And you are right about this place being found pretty quickly, but it seems to me a lot of Burb and Panel guys are just that, Burb and Panel and dont know that from the rear of the doors forward everything is the same as the truck. And basically, except for the shape of the frame out back everything is the same drivetrain wise.

Im not arguing with you guys, just tossing stuff out there. I was super happy back in the day when we split off the areas.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #7
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Good points! That search really throws people off, Ive been using it forever and it still throws me sometimes lol.

And you are right about this place being found pretty quickly, but it seems to me a lot of Burb and Panel guys are just that, Burb and Panel and dont know that from the rear of the doors forward everything is the same as the truck. And basically, except for the shape of the frame out back everything is the same drivetrain wise.
I hope you don't mind a "Newbie" throwing in his two cents on this, as I didn't know of this site when they were "all in one". I found this site while I was at the beginning of my search to purchase a 67-72 Suburban that would be my retirement project...and that search started a good 5 years or more before I retired!

Even though I found and bought the Beach-Burban about a year and a half before retirement, I continued to "lurk in the shadows" until retirement (social media of any kind was frowned upon by my department), but this was the first online group I joined. By this time, I had read every post on every thread of the Suburban/Panel message board (and yes, I didn't have a clue about how to use the "search feature") but even so...I am a "Newbie" and felt like one as I knew no one, however, the way the members come to the aid of one another made (makes) me feel that there are no stupid questions, even when it has been asked and answered before. Eventually I dipped my toes in the water, and was thrilled by how I was received! Everybody probably doesn't over analyze "online group's hierarchy" the way that I do (partly me and partly department training), but I'll bet there are many that feel this way to some degree.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but what I really wanted to toss into the discussion, is that I think it is easier for new potential members to find the group of their choosing by keeping it as is. I just recently stumbled into the "Truck" side...and I love these trucks (I would have one in addition to the Burb if my circumstances were different)...but the members of both sides are great...and that's what matters!

Woody

Last edited by Beach-Burban; 08-10-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Beach - You are one of the reasons I was thinking it would be at least something to think about. There are questions that get asked by the new folks in the Burb/Panel world that would get a ton of answers if they were asked on the truck side because of the similarities with Burbs and Trucks. My guess is newbies to the 67-72 Burbs and Trucks probably have no idea how similar they are, I sure didn't when I first got in to them.

I see a lot of questions barely get any or no responses here because there just isn't the traffic on this side of the board.

But your point is well taken about you possibly not even landing on this site if we didn't have the Burb/Panel area.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:28 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The are was asked for years ago. Remember back when there were only a few forums and everyone wanted more? I have no idea what is right and what is wrong sub forum wise anymore. I do feel like regions need to go back to general discussion though.

Sorry for the side track. Ya'll hash it out n lmk lol
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #10
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Beach - You are one of the reasons I was thinking it would be at least something to think about. There are questions that get asked by the new folks in the Burb/Panel world that would get a ton of answers if they were asked on the truck side because of the similarities with Burbs and Trucks. My guess is newbies to the 67-72 Burbs and Trucks probably have no idea how similar they are, I sure didn't when I first got in to them.

I see a lot of questions barely get any or no responses here because there just isn't the traffic on this side of the board.

But your point is well taken about you possibly not even landing on this site if we didn't have the Burb/Panel area.
CG...I totally understand the point you are making as well...and it has taken me this long to venture out of the small Suburban/Panel "pond" and into the large Truck "ocean". "Newbies" can learn a lot by reading the old, old, old posts...kind of like doing research/homework without being graded! One thing though...I've noticed how often new topics pop-up on the Truck side...and it's so often that it takes a while to catch-up (if that makes any sense?). When I sign-in, I always start with the Suburban/Panel side...and after I read EVERY post there (which I agree, doesn't usually take very long), I jump over to the Truck side, where in all honesty, I can't read every post (or I would never get anything done) but instead hunt for something that peaks my interest. I prefer reading everything anyone writes as it makes me feel more connected to the group...and if I ever get a chance to put a face to the name, maybe we won't feel like strangers? I have met one member in person...another "Newbie" going by Gratefuldog...and Pete is a very cool guy with some excellent skills! Frequenting the Truck side makes the "real world" opportunities to meet another member that much more of a possibility...which is a very positive thought in my book! Either way that it goes...separate or combined...I'm in for the long haul. Thanks for starting the discussion...it will probably encourage others to jump around the "Board" a bit more!

Woody
Old 08-11-2020, 11:03 PM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I don't know if you have used the "Forum Jump" box or not. If you scroll down to the bottom of any page you will see it. Just click on the small down arrow beside the GO button and you can scroll through every forum on this site. (there are a lot of them) Just click on the forum you want to check out.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #12
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I don't know if you have used the "Forum Jump" box or not. If you scroll down to the bottom of any page you will see it. Just click on the small down arrow beside the GO button and you can scroll through every forum on this site. (there are a lot of them) Just click on the forum you want to check out.

LockDoc
I have seen the "Forum Jump" at the bottom, and it is easy to use if I'm already into a thread and want to switch to another forum without heading back to the Suburban/Panel "Home" page...but I prefer the bold print, group descriptions and forum break-downs that I get when I "jump" from the main site listing at the very top left-hand side of the "Home" page (although as I said, I just recently started jumping around). Also Leon...I just finished reading a thread that you posted on the Truck side about "Weak Wipers"...and now have another investigation to dive into...but first I'm going to sort out my cooling system. Thanks for all your help!

Woody
Old 08-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard

the index
Old 08-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #14
Beach-Burban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Yep, that's the one...Thanks Liz!

Woody
Old 08-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #15
68Gold/white

My thoughts...
Suburbans are such a useful and cool vehicle. None of the other knucleheaded manufacturers have come up with an answer............yet!!!

Embrace the slight difference between a 'burb and a pickup!!! leave them separate!!!

Some woman tried to tell me about how superior her fird excursion was to a Suburban, I started laughing, couldn't quit laughing.

I still want a separate 50th section!!! and want to figure out how to retrieve my pass word, or create a new one to access this site on my smart phone...
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #16
Blue GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
My thoughts...
and want to figure out how to retrieve my pass word, or create a new one to access this site on my smart phone...
Could not agree more this is the second time I could not retrieve my password on my account and had to start a new one. Would love to have access to my OG account dating back to 2001 or the other from 2014. But sadly I no longer have the email accounts that I registered those under to get the password reset.
Blue GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #17
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

so change your email in the user cp? (nvm I misreadit.. ) anyway pm
Old 08-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

also pm me what yall need, i can help