The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Customized My Jimmy

I hd these stickers made up and figured I'd try one out on my "Jimmy Diesel"
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Customized My Jimmy

Hey,what's wrong? No one likes my sticker art? I stumbled on this little guy in some old GMC Diesel literature. This was from the early days before GM started using the "Detroit Diesel" brand and they were simply called GM Diesels. I had my friend with a sign shop make some stickers. I probably won't leave them on. I'm not much on stickers anymore. I just thought it was cool that it said "Jimmy Diesel" on my Jimmy Diesel,which is a Detroit Allison. I know what it is. You all are jealous because there aren't any Jimmy Gasser stickers made...heh heh

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
truckfan

i will give you some love. very cool. i like it.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

I dig those decals! If I had a GM diesel I’d be trying to talk you out of some. Leave them on there! They look cool.

I was thinking of your Jimmy the other day. I bought this sister to your Jimmy from some hillbilly on craigslist for $400. It’s a bare bones ex-government rig of some sorts. It didn’t come with an engine but for $400 for a rust free K5 with a clear title was money well spent in my opinion, not sure if the wife agrees though . Not sure what I’ll do with it yet but I couldn’t pass it up.

Looks like someone use a jackhammer and pitchfork to yank the engine out and only left behind a y-pipe
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckfan View Post
i will give you some love. very cool. i like it.
Thanks,man. That makes it all worthwhile. I was off in the corner pouting till I saw your comment. I guess I forgot to leave a "Like" box for guys to click on...heh heh. It's a tongue & cheek thread anyway (whatever the heck that means)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
I dig those decals! If I had a GM diesel I’d be trying to talk you out of some. Leave them on there! They look cool.

I was thinking of your Jimmy the other day. I bought this sister to your Jimmy from some hillbilly on craigslist for $400. It’s a bare bones ex-government rig of some sorts. It didn’t come with an engine but for $400 for a rust free K5 with a clear title was money well spent in my opinion, not sure if the wife agrees though . Not sure what I’ll do with it yet but I couldn’t pass it up.
'Oly sheet! Look at that. That is a blood relative there. Tell your wife I said that's an excellent buy. If you hadn't spent it on that you prolly would have spent it on the '78 or Suburban and you would have had to point it out and explain. You got something that is way more obvious. Though explaining of another sort may be required. You didn't have her in mind for this one?

Would you look at the similarity?
Attached Images

Tim

Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
DirtyLarry

For sure, twins! I kinda wish this was a 6.2L though just to have something different from the rest plus I could have tried to get some of those decals from you . Whenever this rig becomes roadworthy I would like to find one of those soft tops like you have right down to the same color. I’ve always loved your K5!

Heck, I haven’t even had a chance to give it a good look over yet as I just got it Sunday afternoon, parked the trailer and had to get things ready for Sunday Family dinner then left town Monday morning on business.

Check out the CL add before he takes it down. I am surprised it is still up. Its got a pretty good dent in the LH quarter panel but still worth $400
http://pueblo.craigslist.org/pts/4000060093.html

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 08-28-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

I will give it some love as well. That's a pretty sweet sticker. Looks good on there. Wow those K5s are twins haha
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
For sure, twins! I kinda wish this was a 6.2L though just to have something different from the rest plus I could have tried to get some of those decals from you . Whenever this rig becomes roadworthy I would like to find one of those soft tops like you have right down to the same color. I’ve always loved your K5!

Heck, I haven’t even had a chance to give it a good look over yet as I just got it Sunday afternoon, parked the trailer and had to get things ready for Sunday Family dinner then left town Monday morning on business.

Check out the CL add before he takes it down. I am surprised it is still up. Its got a pretty good dent in the LH quarter panel but still worth $400
http://pueblo.craigslist.org/pts/4000060093.html
Man,you really beat him down. Maybe he wants to sell it again to get his other $200 . I would not have been able to resist that one. Buy now and figure it out later is my motto. So,where's the fuel injection,laying in the back? Just the transmission & transfer case combo is worth more than $400. If you want a sticker or two for a tool box,or whatever,I'll send it/them. These diesels may not be the king of the hiway,but it's still pretty neat to have such a thing. Especially now that they're older and you only ever saw but so many...ever. It's a classic big tire 4wd that is right for today's needs. My buddy first made me stickers that are about 18" tall! I could do the huge rear window graphic thing with them...not my style. I'm thinking to get some steel,put a bend on one edge,powdercoat it black,put sticker on,and clear it under for a cool wall mounted sign for the shop.
Those tops really make the truck. I had the red '90 Blazer (350/4spd) that I planned to use the axles,springs,and tires on. I ordered a black STC soft top for it as my first step. They went under with my money. I git disgusted and ended up selling that one. But,I didn't stay away from K/5s for long! They are still really growing on me. I'd like to buy a few up for the future. They're like land...don't make anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods69BadBowTie View Post
I will give it some love as well. That's a pretty sweet sticker. Looks good on there. Wow those K5s are twins haha
Thanks for the heart felt love. Give me your address and I'll send you a Christmas card this year

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-30-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
DirtyLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Man,you really beat him down. Maybe he wants to sell it again to get his other $200 . I would not have been able to resist that one. Buy now and figure it out later is my motto. So,where's the fuel injection,laying in the back? Just the transmission & transfer case combo is worth more than $400. If you want a sticker or two for a tool box,or whatever,I'll send it/them. These diesels may not be the king of the hiway,but it's still pretty neat to have such a thing. Especially now that they're older and you only ever saw but so many...ever. It's a classic big tire 4wd that is right for today's needs. My buddy first made me stickers that are about 18" tall! O could do the huge rear window graphic thing with them...mot my style. I'm thinking to get some steel,put a bend on one edge,powdercoat it black,put sticker on,and clear it under for a cool wall mounted sign for the shop.
Those tops really make the truck. I had the red '90 Blazer (350/4spd) that I planned to use the axles,springs,and tires on. I ordered a black STC soft top for it as my first step. They went under with my money. I git disgusted and ended up selling that one. But,I didn't stay away from K/5s for long! They are still really growing on me. I'd like to buy a few up for the future. They're like land...don't make anymore.
Hehe, well the add was somewhat misleading in that it says it needs an engine. I was expecting to find the Blazer had a rod knock or piston hanging of the block, not a completely missing engine. No brackets, throttle body, bolts, nothing….just an empty hole with a hacked up harness hanging there. It didn’t even come with a radiator or fan shroud. I think he beat me up more than I beat him down as I offered $300 and he got me up to $400. Thanks for the offer on the sticker. PM sent! A big shop sign with that decal would be cool. Post up some pics if you do it.

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 08-29-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

They're cool, love the vintage look. I'd put one on the bottom right corner of the back glass and inside the tool box lid and leave 'em. I used mine last weekend to pick up a ditch witch rental and noticed for the first time it smokes when you get on it. There goes my fuel mileage.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
Ski-me

Quote:
Hehe, well the add was somewhat misleading in that it says it needs an engine. I was expecting to find the Blazer had a rod knock or piston hanging of the block, not a completely missing engine. No brackets, throttle body, bolts, nothing….just an empty hole with a hacked up harness hanging there. It didn’t even come with a radiator or fan shroud. I think he beat me up more than I beat him down as I offered $300 and he got me up to $400. Thanks for the offer on the sticker. PM sent! A big shop sign with that decal would be cool. Post up some pics if you do it.
Very Sweet deal Larry! I was just at the COS pick and pull....they have a diesel blazer in there with the same color (but two tone). Better go grab the engine!

There is also a 90' suburban with a decent hood if you wanted to snag it. I grabbed the passenger fender and didn't find any rust anywhere.

And I will say, $400 is a sweet deal for that baby! If you want to part the tailgate....just let me know. That's one of the last main pieces I need to get rid of the rust.

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Larry,check your mail this week. I like that jackhammer and pitchfork analogy,although I doubt you're liking the results. But I'm gonna steal that one! Why do people cut harnesses when all they do is "clip" in place? Plumb ignernt. I pulled the 4L80E out of the '91 Suburban (with engine in) and the harness was like the interstate system...all over the place...and tied-in with everything else in places. It took patience,but I opened it all up and ran down every wire to keep it complete.

Tim

Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
DirtyLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Very Sweet deal Larry! I was just at the COS pick and pull....they have a diesel blazer in there with the same color (but two tone). Better go grab the engine!

There is also a 90' suburban with a decent hood if you wanted to snag it. I grabbed the passenger fender and didn't find any rust anywhere.

And I will say, $400 is a sweet deal for that baby! If you want to part the tailgate....just let me know. That's one of the last main pieces I need to get rid of the rust.
Heck, if it is the same color I might have to go grab all kinds of stuff. Thanks for the heads up. Nah….not planning to part this truck out but if I ever do I’ll let you know. I’ve already had a few people trying to talk me out of that tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Larry,check your mail this week. I like that jackhammer and pitchfork analogy,although I doubt you're liking the results. But I'm gonna steal that one! Why do people cut harnesses when all they do is "clip" in place? Plumb ignernt. I pulled the 4L80E out of the '91 Suburban (with engine in) and the harness was like the interstate system...all over the place...and tied-in with everything else in places. It took patience,but I opened it all up and ran down every wire to keep it complete.
Thanks Tim! I really appreciate that!

Yeah, I don’t know why people do what they do. Lots of hacks out in the world. I was actually surprised to see the torque converter still in the trans as so many people that don’t know what they are doing don’t separate the torque converter from the flywheel when pulling engines and end up breaking the front pump on the transmission. I’ll be looking forward to the mail this week!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
special-K
Special Order

BTW,the stickers are on both sides of my Jimmy,and they'll be staying.

Larry,got your PM. Show a picture when you decide on a good home for that sticker. I still have the old PM from way back when,too. That's my cell# and still the same. We'll have to chew the fat real soon.

Looks like I'm goin' to Elwood's tomorrow morning. No,not the Blues Brothers Elwood. This is a good ole junkyard. Just so happens me and Olblue60 have a bull roast to attend tomorrow afternoon/evening right nearby. Not sure what I'm looking for,but haven't hit a good junkyard in a while.

Tim

Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I don't know, Tim. When you had it up for sale, I am sure my wife would be glad you don't live closer. I like your Jimmy a whole lot, too.

We are actually going to a retreat in MD somewhere this weekend for her work, how about I swing by and just drive it on home? It will have enough room for me and my dog to sleep in, right?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Plenty of room for both of you. Not sure if all your clothes and stuff will fit on the passenger side up front,though. Retreat in MD,huh?

Tim