The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
chris mc bride

preparing for tear down 69 panel

Finally got panel home and preparing to tear it down to chassis and rebuild it all. Hopefully 2 years will cover all the time needed to get parts and cash flow for rebuild. Looks like all lower body wull be replaced below lower molding,both doors need major work or replacement,floor board need major repairon diverside anyway and the rest need sanding to bare metal and preping. Then the chassis will be sand balsted and painted.All suspenion will be replaced with new stuff some oem some aftermarket up grades. Then the interrior custom stuff(after removing the damn udercoat my granfather decided to spray the whole inside with). Sounds simple and if someone will drop 12 to 14 grand off to pay for it I can do the work but need the cash(yea I know dont we all).
The pics are vey deceiving
Attached Images

chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
68panelman

Re: preparing for tear down 69 panel

Looks like a solid truck. Never seen a panel with the lower trim. Good luck on the build.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
chris mc bride

might have been part of custom order. Grandpa ordered truck specail with his extras. As said looks are very deceiving lower section was repair by a 1/4 make that 1/16 A$$ body man looks good from 30 feet much closer amd all kinds of crap shows. You can tell he used da sander by swirly sanding marks and think he used about 80 grit papper. The whole bottom has more bondo than the local paint supply house.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Is the SPID still on the glove box door? I never heard of the CST package being avalible on panels.
Even if the photos make it look 10 times better, it's still a hell of a starting point!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
chris mc bride

I can check .I do know it was custom ordered by grandfather and at time he was new car or truck about everyother year,plus he had bought my aunt a new 69 camaro at same time,no its not still around.I know its about the same as it was in cpl pics from 1970 trip ,grandparents always had cpl vactions a year that they took their only grand child(at time) on. I probaly had 12 or so summer vacation trips in this thing when I was kid.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Smile Re: preparing for tear down 69 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mc bride View Post
Finally got panel home and preparing to tear it down to chassis and rebuild it all. Hopefully 2 years will cover all the time needed to get parts and cash flow for rebuild. Looks like all lower body wull be replaced below lower molding,both doors need major work or replacement,floor board need major repairon diverside anyway and the rest need sanding to bare metal and preping. Then the chassis will be sand balsted and painted.All suspenion will be replaced with new stuff some oem some aftermarket up grades. Then the interrior custom stuff(after removing the damn udercoat my granfather decided to spray the whole inside with). Sounds simple and if someone will drop 12 to 14 grand off to pay for it I can do the work but need the cash(yea I know dont we all).
The pics are vey deceiving
go down to the store buy that yellow or orange ticket pick 5 or 6 numbers and pray if you hit it and hit it big can you help out 100 guys on here with there builds only if you win a 100 million take home after taxes ????!!!!
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
heeroyue2002
fat old dude

looks good
Accepting part donations
heeroyue2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
chris mc bride

tickets are white with lil red and black numbers here in NC. I try but idiot pulling numbers dont understand Im the cure for economy give me the money and I'll start the it flowing.