The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

looking at a 49

Looking at a 49 local truck for sale. Truck is solid and runs perfect. Fire Bird front clip, new crate motor, turbo 400, new gauges, rebuilt steering box and pump, new wipe motor assembly, one piece door glass, tilt wheel, new tailgate, new rally’s, new tires. It’s a rat rod/driver not a show truck. The only negatives are its a long bed, bed sides are rough, some minor undercarriage rust, small rust holes in cab lower corners (can only see them if you look inside the cab).
Truck drives really nice, it was converted from a GMC, comes with GMC hood, 2 grills and extra front fenders. The guy is firm on $6000, I’m going to take another look at it this weekend. But at the same time I found a 72 BB not running Vette for sale at a good price.
Too many decisions not enough $ to go around, wish I could buy both.
Attached Images

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

Last edited by jamis; 10-05-2007 at 10:13 AM.
jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
prostreeter58

Re: looking at a 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post
The guy is firm on $6000, I’m going to take another look at it this weekend. But at the same time I found a 72 BB not running Vette for sale at a good price.
Too many decisions not enough $ to go around, wish I could buy both.

cant post a picture right now....something weird about attachment qoutas is popping up

I am also in Florida. Tell me where the vehicles are at, I will go and check them out, then I will let you know if they were, I mean are, a good buy............
prostreeter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
robin58

I dunno. Seems to me that 6K is getting up there. Maybe I am out of touch with what people are paying for them but I see listings all day long for well under $1500 (and many under $500) for trucks with rust on them which is what half these trucks people are selling as "ratrods" are.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreeter58 View Post
I am also in Florida. Tell me where the vehicles are at, I will go and check them out, then I will let you know if they were, I mean are, a good buy............
Actually, that may help if you buy them I won’t have to think about it anymore.

Theres a 47-49? beater near you for 1,000 in Kissimmee check craiglist. I may shoot up to Claremount this weekend and take a look at it myself but your closer you should go LOL

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

Last edited by jamis; 10-05-2007 at 10:19 AM.
jamis is offline   Reply With Quote