The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
Indyfab

Upholstery kits

I’m looking to find a upholstery kit for my 1981 GMC Crew K3500. I need front and rear seat kits. I want a saddle colored cloth, and I’d like the matching cloth inserts on a set of 1990 suburban power doors I’m putting on it. I don’t want complete door panels, just matching inserts. Carandtruckupholstery.com has what I want, but been trying for a week to get anyone to answer the phone or email has been useless. Any suggestions?
Indyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:09 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: Upholstery kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfab View Post
I’m looking to find a upholstery kit for my 1981 GMC Crew K3500. I need front and rear seat kits. I want a saddle colored cloth, and I’d like the matching cloth inserts on a set of 1990 suburban power doors I’m putting on it. I don’t want complete door panels, just matching inserts. Carandtruckupholstery.com has what I want, but been trying for a week to get anyone to answer the phone or email has been useless. Any suggestions?
Have you tried Classic Industries or Stock Interiors? I know both places should have the seat covers, not sure about the door inserts.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Indyfab

I tried Classic, but I hadn’t heard of the other, I’ll look into it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
Ski-me

I used stockinteriors for my carpet, and turned out very nice. I didn't realize they had all the other things: seats, headliners, etc.

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 AM   #5
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfab View Post
I tried Classic, but I hadn’t heard of the other, I’ll look into it. Thanks for the tip!
Just to clarify, it's Classic Industries. There is also a Classic Parts, not sure which one you mean, when you just said Classic.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
Indyfab

So I looked at at every source I could, and only one vendor was able to come through with what I needed. I found that most everyone purchases these kits from one manufacturer. Only one of these vendors actually took the time to show me fabric samples, return phone calls, and emails and get me what I wanted ordered, and with a substantially better price. That’s one of our board vendors here. Thanks again Chris Lucas www.73-87ChevyTucks.com