The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #9
Wgesnerjr

Re: '86-'13 swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
Not a bother at all. I will try to help where I can. I can't say I've examined a factory underhood fuse block to know where the wires go, but I know it's pretty bulky and will have a lot of empty space after performing a swap. Obviously you can buy a complete new harness from PSI that will be plug and play and have the condensed fuse block/relay setup and make connections easy, it's just more money. If you don't mind spending $600, that's probably the way to go. But if you want to save that money and learn about wiring and have the time, you can make your own fuse block and rework the harness yourself. Just be prepared to spend a lot of time on it and don't get in a rush.

But to answer your question, it should be as simple as soldering the wires together and using shrink tube. I did A LOT of that on my harness and no issues.

And thanks for the compliments on the builds.

I used the factory Underhood box and although it a great learning experience and much cheaper, I would not do it again. As said before, it's bulky and not much is used on it. I thought about using it for headlights, fog lights, a/c compressor, horn, etc. But wound up only running fuel pump, ecm, and starter through it. Not alot of wiring break down on it and a lot of hunting for which wires go to which fuse.

To save time AND money, go with recommendations on LT1swap site for using the original harness and stand alone fuse/relays. I would do it that way if I could go back.
LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote