The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
OKGMC4

Anyone have a headliner template?

I have a 56 but 55 to 57 should all be the same, maybe 58 and 59 as well. I want to make my own and it doesn't make sense to buy a new one from LMC for $50 and rip off the cover to reupholster it. If I had a template and the thickness of the original I could reuse the original type mounting seal. I'd rather have hidden fasteners but can't figure out how to do it...any suggestions either way would be great.

69 long bed Chevy turned 67 gmc jimmy roadster:
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851167
OKGMC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
parkwood

Re: Anyone have a headliner template?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
I have a 56 but 55 to 57 should all be the same, maybe 58 and 59 as well. I want to make my own and it doesn't make sense to buy a new one from LMC for $50 and rip off the cover to reupholster it. If I had a template and the thickness of the original I could reuse the original type mounting seal. I'd rather have hidden fasteners but can't figure out how to do it...any suggestions either way would be great.
I'm sorry i only have one picture but from looking at you thread i don't think putting a one piece headliner in you truck would be a big deal for you.. you're knock'n it out now..
The guy who did this one glued foam up and sanded to to round off the sides and put a nice shape to it and then covered it in leather.. i've got some better pictures of a suburban he did by screwing up wood paneling and then glueing foam to it and covering it.. it's in the 1951 suburban 4 year project..
Attached Images

parkwood is offline   Reply With Quote