The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
cleszkie

Re: Hickey Sidewinder Winch Install

71Jimmy -

I will get to my parts stash today and check for that spring. I don't have another solenoid cover. Mine is metal and basically just snaps over the metal base plate. the base plate has an "ear" on each side, and the ear fits into a slot on either side of the cover. No, the solenoid pack does not ground through the base plate. A separate grounding cable is run to the frame, so there is no chance of getting shocked by touching the cover.

Vandy5 -

I trimmed the bumper myself to fit sugly around the winch. It took a bit of trial error and little by little trimming to get it just right.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #27
cleszkie

71Jimmy -

I checked my stash, and unfortunately it seems the only thing I don't have is a spare spring. Sorry to get your hopes up. Hopefully you can get the sample spring from Dazza and source out a new one.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #28
71jimmy

[QUOTE=cleszkie;6314533]71Jimmy -

I checked my stash, and unfortunately it seems the only thing I don't have is a spare spring. Sorry to get your hopes up. Hopefully you can get the sample spring from Dazza and source out a new one.[/QUOTE

Cleskie, no problem, I do appreciate you taking the time to look. I will try Dazza. Any chance you could get me the dimensions of the cover for the solenoids? If you could post a pic or two of the sides and inside the cover and dimensions that would help greatly. Thanks

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #29
71jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
Tell you what 71, how about I mail you one of my springs, you find yourself a match, then send mine back to me... WITH, a nice little diagram of your new mounting brackets and their measurements. Kinda like a winch-mounting guinea pig! haha. I'm just so busy that mounting mine up is a low priority, although it would be nice to know what I'm in for when the time comes. I'll even do a nice photoshop rendering of the diagram for others here on the board, as I'm sure we won't be the last people to need it.
Let me know,
daz
Dazza, you still up for mailing your spring to me so I can get a duplicate? Let me know and I'll pm you my address. Thanks

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 AM   #30
dazza

sure thing, not a problem. If just getting the dimensions (from me or Cleskie) isn't enough, I could drop in one of my solenoid covers as well... just as long as I don't have to drive to Sac. looking for them!.
I know that art supply stores as well as tap plastics carry mold making materials which could possibly be an option. If I had the time I might try to make one out of aluminum or stainless.
anyhows, I won't be back out to my shop where I have the parts stored until this weekend or early next week, but could ship as soon as I do. send me your address.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #31
71jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
sure thing, not a problem. If just getting the dimensions (from me or Cleskie) isn't enough, I could drop in one of my solenoid covers as well... just as long as I don't have to drive to Sac. looking for them!.
I know that art supply stores as well as tap plastics carry mold making materials which could possibly be an option. If I had the time I might try to make one out of aluminum or stainless.
anyhows, I won't be back out to my shop where I have the parts stored until this weekend or early next week, but could ship as soon as I do. send me your address.

Sent you a pm, thanks