The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2004, 03:57 PM   #1
Mark70Z

Question Interior/Exterior Screws....!?!

I've been currently asking questions concerning interior/exterior stainless screw sets. I see some small sets available, but was hoping someone had a complete interior set, or complete exterior set since most of mine are missing or most likely the incorrect size. Also, the correct clips would be nice.

Does someone have a listing for interior/exterior screw size, i.e. lenght, type, etc., or have a suggestion where to get a bunch of different size stainless screws?? Or what are you guys doing for the restoration when it comes to screws???

I've been working on my seat, and all the screws for the back plastic panel are missing. I'm missing most of the ones for the bezel, and most are gone on the a/c vents, the door sills have all sort of sizes of screws. The chome piece in back of the seat holding the carpet down the screws are missing... and that's just the start.

Oh...and I haven't even got to the nuts and bolts!!!! AAHHHHHH!!! Any help????
Mark70Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

I have had the same frustration as you! I bought an interior screw kit from www.truckandcarshop.com and it only came with a few things I needed (the visor screws were for a truck!) I am just trying to figure it as I go. NOT fun! I will write down the sizes I verify as I go (my blazer was MOSTLY original)- Hopefully that will help some people down the line. I have also found that if you go to the message board and ask about a certain screw or bolt most of the time you can get some answers from the guys who always seem to know this stuff Good luck!
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:20 AM   #3
K5 Blazer
Blazerologist

I manufactured the sunvisor screws and only available through us . . . PM or e-mail me at abe@vintageblazer.com with your screw and bolt needs - I can help.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:03 AM   #4
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

K5 Blazer-
Can't I buy those screws at a store? You are the only place that has them? I was just going to go down to the local Tacoma Screw and pick them up....maybe I can't? I will find out soon I guess.
Thanks for the info.

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:48 AM   #5
Mark70Z

Diane:

Thanks for the response. Once you get the documentation on the sizes/type of screws I'd really like to use this information. I think the previous owner used any type of screw available, and or none at all. I'd really like to at least use the correct screws if I can, or at least go with stainless screws that are all the same size for a certain part.

K5 Blazer:

Thanks for the information. I'm working on the front interior of my Blazer right now and I'll let you know the needs I have once I have them all. Right now, I know I need the correct screws for the plastic panels that go on the back of both bucket seats. I also need the ones that hold the chrome strip that goes all the way across in back of the seats that hold the carpet down. I'm not sure about the sunvisor; I'll have to check.
Mark70Z is offline   Reply With Quote