The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
owned many chevys

00 silverado keyless entry

I have a 00 silverado and checked the glove box codes and it has the remote keyless enrty ,but I never got the key fob .I ordered one that is supposed to be for my truck ,the instructions said to close the door and hold down the door lock button and the window on the dash will tell you what to do ,so whenI hold the lock switch down nothing happens ,am I not doing something correct .i KNOW IT HAS LOCK OPTIONS BECAUSE WHEN i DRIVE THE DOORS LOCK BY THEMSELVES which I dont like any help thank you
owned many chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Valarius_Starchaser

Re: 00 silverado keyless entry

Where did you order the fob from we get a lot of aftermarket ones in the shop that do the same thing to our techs they simply don't program

EDIT: If it was from a dealer or was a GM part 15732803 appears to be the unit you would need

Last edited by Valarius_Starchaser; 06-01-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Valarius_Starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
owned many chevys

ok thanks will check it
Old 06-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
truckdude239

Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:

Close all doors.
Insert key into the ignition.
Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver’s side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in Step 5.
Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
Release the power unlock button on the driver’s side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. (A) If locks cycle then continue to Step 6. (B) If the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to Step 1. (C) If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicle’s system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there’s a problem with the vehicle’s system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.
Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
NOW repeat Step 6 for all additional remotes including working ones.
After Step 6 has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
Turn ignition to OFF, and remove key.
Test all remotes. Programming is complete.
If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
owned many chevys

`and this is my problem ,when I hold the lock butrton down nothing happens ,and I checked the option codes and I do have keyless entry so if I hold the lock button down and nothing happens what next thanks for come back