The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
49chevy3100

Talking Head Lights

Im using the s10 wiring for my truck anyone try using the Sylvania H6024 or XTRAvision for super bright head lights. Would this even be an option haven't really measured anything out just throwing questions at you guys see if anyone has tried this before?
49chevy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: Head Lights

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=491436
mongocanfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=led
Old 08-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

maybe these will help some
Old 08-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
49chevy3100

Thanx a bunch good threads look into it when I had some time looks so able like the 2nd post probably end up doing something like that
Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
b-mac

Just $0.02 from a guy who sells indoor and outdoor lighting every day:
LED has basically replaced HID in almost every fixture, and I assume the same is true or will be automotive.
Although these HID lamps are bright and fairly efficient, they have a much shorter life than an LED diode.
b-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #7
mr48chev

The best burn up the road at night lights I ever had in my truck were some Cibie H4 lights with 55/100 bulbs. The problem with those is that after a few years the reflectors tend to loose their perfect shine and the lights don't put out near as much light.

The Xtravision lights would probably be some of the better lights for night driving that don't break the bank or call for mods to the light buckets like a lot of H-4 lights need to fit.

On the H-4 lights I have had to cut out the bucket the light sets in to clear the back side of the light an it's cover on a couple of them and I don't think a lot of guys want to do that.

Don't by the cheap ones off Ebay that claim to be the super wammie deal as some of the fall apart inside before you get around the block. On the other hand one Ebay vendor has some nice lights that put out good light and that is a guy who goes by Rimiinc his lights work pretty good and look good. They do take some fitting in the buckets on the back side in a lot of cases though. I've run them in my 71 GMC (has a Chevy grill) and have been quite happy with them Link to a pair of 7 inch round lights http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-H6024-6014...UAAOSwyQtVzr6g

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 08-16-2017 at 10:20 AM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
49chevy3100

Thumbs up Re: Head Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
The best burn up the road at night lights I ever had in my truck were some Cibie H4 lights with 55/100 bulbs. The problem with those is that after a few years the reflectors tend to loose their perfect shine and the lights don't put out near as much light.

The Xtravision lights would probably be some of the better lights for night driving that don't break the bank or call for mods to the light buckets like a lot of H-4 lights need to fit.

On the H-4 lights I have had to cut out the bucket the light sets in to clear the back side of the light an it's cover on a couple of them and I don't think a lot of guys want to do that.

Don't by the cheap ones off Ebay that claim to be the super wammie deal as some of the fall apart inside before you get around the block. On the other hand one Ebay vendor has some nice lights that put out good light and that is a guy who goes by Rimiinc his lights work pretty good and look good. They do take some fitting in the buckets on the back side in a lot of cases though. I've run them in my 71 GMC (has a Chevy grill) and have been quite happy with them Link to a pair of 7 inch round lights http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-H6024-6014...UAAOSwyQtVzr6g
Nice I will look into those looks like he does light bulb upgrades too if you want brighter bulb and they are decently priced. Thank you!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
DrKrankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post

What is the difference between H6014 & H6024.

OK I found out, difference is DOT or EURO beam.

Thank you

Last edited by DrKrankenstein; 08-17-2017 at 02:09 PM.
DrKrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote