The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
Matt_50

Body and paint/ 1950 cab

I've decided to get to the rest of my cab. I had to replace half the floor and firewall. Still need to weld a few spots but it's about done. I took a wire wheel to a lot of the inside of the cab today. Knocked off a lot of old paint and surface rust.

Couple questions. There are areas I cannot really reach. Can I just spray some sort of rust converter sealer stuff in there?

There are a bunch of holes in my dash. How many should I really have?

My center piece in dash was painted, I started to clean it up. You guys think a polished metal look will work Ok?

I think I have all I need for future headliner, looks like all pieces are there. I have a center support piece that was kinda wedged in place. How should it mount?

And I've been told I can take glass anywhere and have new cut, it's flat so should be an easy request... opinions?

I cleaned the dash down to bare metal and hit it with some primer. I think I will remove trim and center piece and weld holes and fix radio holes next.

I don't have much experience here so any advice is appreciated.
Attached Images