The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
weinerdog

Inboard vs. outboard question please help ?????

65 short fleet full Porterbuilt dropmember front and rear. When I placed my order I informed of the specs of my build lay the frame on accuair elevel on a steel 16x 7 wheel. When I received my parts it contained a bridge with a inboard bag set up. I contacted Porterbuilt and asked why and never got a good answer why. So my question is is this setup gunna have negative affects on ride quality being that it's inboard vs. outboard on such a skinny tire. It's seems that every build pic I see they use a outboard setup. Although its entirely too late and I didn't want to bring this to the message board them not replying to my emails has left me no choice. Thanks
weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Special-Ed

Re: Inboard vs. outboard question please help ?????

sounds kind of petty if you ask me... they did not respond to emails... maybe they never got them... did you actually call them? did you give them more than a day to get back with you?

if you did not specify, then what you got is what you get. if you wanted outboard...you should have specified... if you did not get a satisfactory answer then simply say i cant order until this is rectified... its on you, not porterbuilt.

i hate passive aggresive bullsh!t...

i'm sorry nobody get my credit card numbers without me knowing exactly what i am getting...

as for ride quality... im partial to outboard placement

Last edited by Special-Ed; 12-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Special-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Special-Ed

let me be clear...

if porterbuilt has dropped the ball... people need to know!
if you are just being emotional... then its on you...

either way good luck...and hopefully everything is good and just emotions winning the battle....
Old 12-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
PBFAB.COM

Ed-

Take it easy on the OP!

It can definitely be frustrating when you try and get ahold of somebody and don't hear back... especially after dropping some good coin for parts.

With that said, there are occasions where we don't receive the message, and there are even occasions where the ball gets dropped. Despite the fact that we hear a lot of praise regarding our "robot" welds... We are human! LOL

Not exactly sure where the blame lies in this situation (I will dig into it tomorrow and we can figure out exactly what happened).

Regardless of why you haven't received a response, we want to take care of our guys and always do our best.

I would have recommended you received the outboard bag set up with your wheel selection. And we always make sure our customers get what will work best. It's no problem at all to send you a different bridge assembly and lower mounts with a call tag to send back the parts we will be replacing.

Do me a favor and shoot me a PM with your information so we can follow up on this tomorrow and get some resolution for you!

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
calvin78612

A very classy response,and when i'm ready for suspension parts it will be Porterbuilt all the way.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Special-Ed

Glad it's all worked out.

Now everybody group hug and enjoy your night
Old 12-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerdog View Post
Although its entirely too late and I didn't want to bring this to the message board them not replying to my emails has left me no choice. Thanks
Tony-

I was able to do a little digging this morning, to try and find out where the communication breakdown was. In the end, it turns out the last email you sent us was on the 10th of this month and it was in the SPAM folder. Dave is normally pretty good about checking the SPAM but for whatever reason it went overlooked.

In my research, I did find a few things that I want to share, as I feel the portion of the comment I quoted above was a little unfair.

The original order was placed on 11/28/2012 and the invoice shows an inboard bridge.

We received an email from you on 2/26/2013 asking about the difference between the inboard and outboard bridge... where the difference was explained regarding tire widths.

We then received some emails around 6/17/2013 where tire height and some wheel sizes were discussed.

I have no way to revisit the original conversation where the order was placed so I cannot confirm or deny what was discussed there. However, I do see that never once in the 47 email messages exchanged was there a request or question regarding you wanting a different bridge assembly. If there was ever the need or desire voiced for us to exchange the bridge assembly it would have been no problem... in fact here we are a year later and still willing to exchange it. And the offer to exchange it down the road will still stand. If for whatever reason you feel the ride quality is not sufficient just let us know.

The inboard set-up and the outboard set-up both have exceptional ride quality with the sleeved bag over the axle. The outboard set-up does offer a little more stability, but the difference in ride quality between the two is not much... if even noticeable. My opinion is that you will be perfectly satisfied with the function and ride quality of the set-up you currently have. But as mentioned, if along the line you are not completely satisfied, just let us know.

This response is not intended to poke, dig, or frustrate... I just wanted to illustrate that the statement regarding us not responding is not the case, or the norm. And definitely not the history we have together with your customer experience.

We do our best to respond to ALL inquiries, phone calls, emails, text messages, private messages, and even in threads on the forum. Overall we have an extremely good track record. In the future, if we do not respond to an inquiry within 24 hrs (business day) please try an alternate method of communication.

Let us know how it all works out, as we are always here if you need us!

Nate

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Right, wrong, or in different Porterbuilt "always" makes good.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
wraprail

I can't help but ask, the order was placed on 11/28/2012? Does it really take 12 months?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraprail View Post
I can't help but ask, the order was placed on 11/28/2012? Does it really take 12 months?
I am sure it can feel like 12 months sometimes!

The OP has had his parts for quite some time.

We build per order, and are currently running a 10 week build time on the larger orders (full front/full rear) and 3-4 on the smaller stuff.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson