The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
LEEVON

Wish I was in the market

2013's are at $7500 incentive right now. I found (2) leftover 2013 LT, 2wd, short beds which sticker at $32k. Less $2500 from negotiation (or so), and the $7500 incentive you're at $22k. I have $2k GM points and about $8K in trade...so that would be around $12k financed plus whatever cash I would put down. That is soooo tempting!!! Lowered, cammed short beds with factory 20's are hard to beat.

But I've had (2) of the '07-up trucks, I just don't like the payment and it's currently my wife's turn in the nice/new category. Just had to come and be sad about this : (

http://www.chevroletoffayetteville.c...-10693428.html
Old 08-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Special-Ed

Re: Wish I was in the market

new models come out in 14 so you are getting a discount for the old model.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Low Elco

I wasn't... then I was, then I went to Houston last weekend. I should start a thread.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...quot-3b&cat=15
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
LEEVON

Uh oh! More details please...how many miles on that beauty?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Low Elco

99k. No one believes it. It's nice!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

I have a 2011 black short wide with 20s and a 5/7 drop. You are absolutely right ---Looks great, drives great, runs great with the EFI Live tune in it.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Low Elco

Frank's not kidding-his truck is niiiiice!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

I don't have many pictures of the GMC, but it now has Akuza 20" six spoke rims with 265/50/20 Nitto tires on it. The cab has had the cloth seats changed over to leather and the stereo is now a Pioneer unit. I have installed a set of Kooks long tube headers going into a Magnaflow muffler and dual exhaust outlets on the 5.3 and the engine is tuned and the fuel cut off is removed. The factory rims were 20", so it was easy to change over to the new chrome rims. I have also removed all of the lettering and sticky stuff on the outside of the truck, while also changing the front grille out for an aluminum billet one. The elephant ear mirrors are now in a box in the attic of the garage. They were replaced with a set from Street Scene.

The headlights are now 80 watt low beam and 100 watt high beam bulbs with a set of Vision X LED fog lights. I can see things on a highway that many will not see. If you adjust them right, they do not blind others.
Attached Images

Last edited by piecesparts; 08-21-2013 at 08:45 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
Low Elco

Can the tune guy tighten up the 6 speed?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Can the tune guy tighten up the 6 speed?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes he has the ability to adjust the shift setpoints on the tranny. There is one thing to consider, the trannys in these trucks are good, but if you tighten them up too much, you could overstress them under hard abuse. We did close up the shift points and stopped the tranny flair issues that the 6 speeds tend to have. Also getting the fuel map and timing advance set to where it is optimal will make the tranny shift so much more efficiently. My truck has the capability to do fun thingsl like burn outs, but it tends to stick those tires to the ground and just accelerate hard with the tune.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
Low Elco

Are you comin' to the nats, Frank? Is your son? I'll be there with my laptop and a stenographer, crawling all over your truck. Who is your tune guy? The tranny flair issues are KILLING me. It's a new experience coming from the t350/700r world. Always shifting gears, and it kicks down 2 in stages when ya wanna go! Just takes getting used to. WOW, this truck is tall. Thanks for all the help so far.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

The guy that does the tuning is Anthony Dreiling. He lives in a small community (Tecumseh) just outside of Topeka, Kansas. He works during the week at Forbes Field on instrumentation repairs. He is retired Air Force and has a good background in electronics. He works out of his two car garage and does a lot of LS engine installs and tuning for everyone in the northeast Kansas area.

He is usually free Fridays and Saturdays, unless his family has something large to do.

His phone number is 785-608-1342
E-mail aknovaman@gmail.com

I am supposed to be at the Nats. Not sure about my son. The cost of gas may be prohibitive unless he drives my 2011 and I drive my 84 truck up.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Low Elco

Thanks for the hook-up! I'll have to give him a call. I've never done this before, is it while you wait?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

My first time with him, he came to my house on a Sunday and did my Pontiac G8 and two other vehicles. I now just go to his home and 45 minutes later, with some road time with him at the wheel and the laptop, he can make changes that you would like. If you have an issue later, he still has your initial tune and can modify it to make those changes.

I chose to change my tire size and we reprogrammed the speedo to match that, we also moved the fuel cutoff point from that stupid 93 MPH to a place that will never get in my way. Tighter shift points, and in my case changed the displacement on demand to where it does not irritate me. We adjusted the fuel curve to support my CAI and the headers and exhaust that I installed.

NOTE: This is a thing that you should think about before doing. You can buy programmers at just about any truck supply outlet and there is always a warning on those units, that the Manufacturer may not support any computer warranty issues after that. I went forward anyways and I have 78,000 miles on my truck and I personally am not sorry that I did it. The improvements in performance and shifting was worth it to me. Oh and by the way, Anthony charges around $180.00 to do his tune---not the $300+ that a Diablo or other brand would cost. Yes, you have to go to him, but it is not that complicated for me.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
Low Elco

Well, the cool thing ( I guess) is that I have 99,300 on it, so warranty went by the wayside looooong ago. Sounds like a cool idea, thanks again!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
.... Just takes getting used to. WOW, this truck is tall. Thanks for all the help so far.
And I left the lowering shackle on it. Imagine what it would feel like with out that. Did you notice my 13 looking like a 4wd?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
Low Elco

Yep, they're all kinda tall! #1 comment: Nice truck! When ya gonna drop it? LoL! I promise, I'll make a road trip thread soon as I get this pic bidness figgered out. It settles on real good around 87. Allen to Lees Summit in 7 hrs flat with 4 stops. Thanks again for the great experience! It's nice to be around good folks that take care of bidness.
Posted via Mobile Device