The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
jbgroby

The Mechanic Movie

Hi All,

I've held off posting this, but last week I got word that it was confirmed that I landed the modeling job in the upcoming movie "The Mechanic" a remake of the 1972 Charles Bronson Film. The model(s) you see Jason Stratham working on were modeled/re-modeled by me. We bought cheap overseas copies and will modified them to one extent or another, I won't spoil the plot. The filming is takin gpalce in Covongton, La. by the Tchefunte River.

I'm very happy with the way they wanted to use the shop layout, they came by about a month ago and did a photo shoot on how our shop was set up. We've pretty much recreated it for a few scenes in the movie. One scene (they don't know yet if they are going to write it in)

(BRACE YOURSELVES AND SITDOWN!!!!)

The bad guys try to get him to take a job, he says no and to prove just how tough they are they SMASH a fully rigged ship to pieces that "he" built. The ship they are considering to Smash is my Cutty Sark. I've explained what the price for the model is and have explained in VERY GREAT DETAIL once smashed THERE AIN'T NO FIXING IT. They better get it in one shot as they are no more models left!

The holdup on the scene is we're trying to see if we can get a few overseas cheaper models to break, (a few practice models and a few I'll re-rig in greater detail.) like these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cutty-Sark-hand-...item51802c1557

I kinda asked about my name being in the credit roll at the end of the picture and that was not a problem - However there seems to be an issue with not being in the Union. (I'll pay for a year if needed)

Thought you folks would like to know. And to keep this truck related Jason thinks my 305 is killer!

Jake

Last edited by jbgroby; 10-23-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: The Mechanic Movie

Good for you, and thanks for sharing - cool story. I hope they find something cheap to smash instead. Years to build, seconds to destroy. You usually can't tell the difference on screen anyway.

I guess I'll have to start bragging I now know 2 people with Hollywood connections. My former brother in law is credited in Dances with Wolves as the local construction forman!
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #3
jbgroby

With what I'm asking for the model I hope they smash it. I can always build another! Besides, lets not forget, I got a truck to paint

Last edited by jbgroby; 10-24-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Good point! Maybe you can convince them to do a couple of retakes.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #5
Corts60
Just here to tinker

That is really awesome Jake! Congrats!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Congrats Jake. That's pretty cool getting your name in the credits and all. Let's hope they don't scroll thru the credits at 90mph like most newer movies do.

And, I moved this to General Discussion for you. Thought all the members would want to see this.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

what's ship models have to do with mechanics? am i missing something?
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
jbgroby

When he is not killing folks, he builds ship models as relaxation. Also he is building a sailboat model that he wants to build in real size when he retires. That why he trains the new guy to replace him.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
Thealien

When I originally saw the movie I liked it. Saw it a few years ago and not so much? Good luck with the movie.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote