The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
Project 57

Air Ride Troubleshooting

Looking for some help. Without going into a lot of detail. 72 C10 Air Ride Tech. set up. No issues truck sat for 2 months take it out to drive and noticed it sat lower. Not remembering the settings (First Air Ride truck). I went to go raise it and things went south from there. Compressor continued to fill the right rear air and really had no pressure to little up front. so I kept bleeding down the back back bag getting truck home. Then noticed Compressor would not shut off so I disconnected the battery. I then noticed a leak coming from the exhaust side of the compressor. This emptied the whole system. Looking for help in where to start or what may have caused this to come on. Apologize for the winded explanation.

Thanks in advance!! Any input is valued.
Project 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:12 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: Air Ride Troubleshooting

Take some pictures of your air management and specs if you can.To me sounds like your right rear valve had a leak or stuck open.And the compressors should kick off once the tank pressure switch tells it to but with a stuck valve it won't kick off.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Project 57

I will do that.

Thanks
Project 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
CHRIS67GMC

Sounds like a peace of dirt on the valve seal. It you go back and forth multiple times with the up and down button it will blow the dirt out and should be fine.
CHRIS67GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
Tree-50

You can hold up and down at te same time it'll continuous flow and hopefully move whatever (Teflon probably) out of the way. Mine has done that before, right rear wouldn't quit trying to fill had to burp it the whole way, at the same time my amp kit shorted and was getting continuous power, the **** was filling with the car off and key out.
Tree-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
epon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project 57 View Post
Looking for some help. Without going into a lot of detail. 72 C10 Air Ride Tech. set up. No issues truck sat for 2 months take it out to drive and noticed it sat lower. Not remembering the settings (First Air Ride truck). I went to go raise it and things went south from there. Compressor continued to fill the right rear air and really had no pressure to little up front. so I kept bleeding down the back back bag getting truck home. Then noticed Compressor would not shut off so I disconnected the battery. I then noticed a leak coming from the exhaust side of the compressor. This emptied the whole system. Looking for help in where to start or what may have caused this to come on. Apologize for the winded explanation.

Thanks in advance!! Any input is valued.
compressor staying on is a pressure switch issue, the switch that tells the compressor to shut off at x pressure. Since you were bleeding off the rear bags guessing the solenoids activated by the switches are working. Did you retry to fill the fronts when you had tank pressure again? Either way add an over pressure relief fitting to the lines just after the compressors, mine goes at 215 psi. Sometimes pressure switches get stuck on, mine has given me fits a time or two. The leak from the compressor housing sounds bad, I would order up a new one and sort the old one later as a spare, maybe just needs a rebuild kit. Hook it all back up with the relief, new compressor and see if the switch cuts the compressor at x psi. If not be ready to pull the ground and order up another pressure switch. Also double check all grounds are good.

hth
epon is offline   Reply With Quote