The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #1
Smogmonster

front leaf spring rate confusion help! nevada

hi guys

so i decided to replace my 90 suburban 4x4 front frowny leafs for + 2.5 smiley leaves and i have a couple of questions that are throwing me off and im ready to buy tommorow!

1. when they say 2.5 lift how will that compare if im swapping from frowny springs to smileys??

2 i cant seem to find the factory o.e rates except on a site that rates them in the 1000,s and yet these pro comp lift springs are only rated at about 500 so how does that even make sense?? surely theyre too soft or am i missing something?

the idea is that + 2.5 over stock with the weight i have should bring it down to near stock?? except as i say im going from upside dwon springs to regulars so im not sure how they work that out

the truck is a diesel and is very front heavy and my old springs i know are supposed to look upside down but these are very soft now

alsoi was about to buy from summit but anybody know a better place in reno area nv

any ideas?
thanks in advance
Smogmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:12 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: front leaf spring rate confusion help! nevada

I would talk to http://offroaddesign.com/index.htm they should have the right springs for you.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote