The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
DJAD

Greetings From Africa.

Hi members.
This is my first post! I am from Nairobi, Kenya and I have become proud owner of a stock 1957 3100 Chevy truck and ready to embark on this exciting restoration journey. I would like to start from the ground up and been reading about all types of suspension set ups. seem many people are going the independent suspension route. At the moment that is out of my reach due to cost and also high shipping costs.
I would like to lower the truck but not slammed. just a nice low stance, with a good ride quality. I initially though of just yanking out a few leaf springs from both front and rear but i know that will affect the handling and general suspension. i have opted for 3" lowered leafs for the front and 4" lowered leafs for the rear.
Some pics for stock trucks with just lowered front and rear leafs would help a lot, and also the wheel/tire combination coz i would also like to eliminate that gap between the tire and the fender and still keep the wheels well tucked in. I am thinking of 16x7 rims in front and 16x8 rears. Thinking of disc brakes all round and i already have a 400 sbc motor.
Thanks!
Attached Images

DJAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Greetings From Africa.

Welcome , Looks like a solid truck to start with . Im not very familiar with those year trucks but someone here will chime in .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
DJAD

Re: Greetings From Africa.

Thank you!
DJAD is offline   Reply With Quote