The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
webfoot

The project with no name - 1970 K20

I don't have a name for the truck yet, since I have absolutely zero seat time at this stage.

Specs:
1970 K-20, factory AC cab 4spd, dana 60 front axle and 14 bolt rear, PDB and PS. Has a rebuilt 383 LWP setup in it but the AC stuff from the firewall forward is gone.

Previous owner painted the whole thing and built the bumpers for it. All I did was cut and buff it. It is a pretty nice paint job. Oh and yes it has been cut down to a SWB, as you could already tell. PO had it set for "monster truck" with a huge lift and 44" tires.

Mechanical is almost done, next will be interior. Most of what I had to do was goofy body guy stuff (throttle rod was zip tied to the carb, for instance) and some wiring. I know it won't be too popular a truck what with the chopped down frame and the 88-98 bed but I dig it.

Almost day 1

After cut & buff. He is good so it didn't take much wetsanding.

Front bumper he built, awesome IMO. Made out of 3/16" plate. Had brackets made that mount in the receiver slot for the license plates. I found H4 headlights with built in turn signals so I didn't have to add on anything. I liked the clean look.

As it sits now. Front springs were swapped to some Skyjacker softride 6" lift. Put some KYB shocks in.

New brake booster and master cyl. How bout those M/T valve covers!

Next is dash pad and seat cover. Interior was all repainted too. Then I'll slowly get the AC stuff and get that going by next summer.

1970 K-20 4-speed, factory AC.
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote