The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
Ltcrazyx

Question Question about 47 - 53 pickups

I was wondering how the titles worked on pick up trucks for these years. I have a truck with a title but I see no real way that they can identify that that title goes with that truck. I was also thinking about buying another pickup of this same year and using my current frame because I have already begun to restore it. I was thinking about maybe possibly getting a body from a truck with no title what so ever. Is their any identification plates i'd have to change? I know in newer day cars they have the number in the window. I know the truck doesn't have one of those they just have a small plate on the door frame that is faded away on my truck. Plus in magazines they sell these plates as replacements and say you should have a machine shop stamp in some number. I forget what # it was possibly the title #? Thanks in advance.
Ltcrazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
chevytruckfan
Account Suspended

That plate in the door sill should have the VIN # and it should match the VIN on the title. The plate in the door should also be stamped so you should be able to read it. If not the VIN should also be stamped on the drivers side of the frame just behind the motor. If you still cant find one on the truck get a new door plate with the VIN from the title stamped so that they will match.
chevytruckfan is offline   Reply With Quote