The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2014, 02:20 AM   #1
Dodge68charger

Fuse panel diagram

Does anyone hav a pic or diagram of what amperage fuses go where in the fuse box. Im working on a 1970 C10 truck and wouldnt mind replacing the old rusty fuses with new glass ones. Thank you
Dodge68charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Fuse panel diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge68charger View Post
Does anyone hav a pic or diagram of what amperage fuses go where in the fuse box. Im working on a 1970 C10 truck and wouldnt mind replacing the old rusty fuses with new glass ones. Thank you
I can't believe somebody hasn't posted a pic yet.
Attached Images

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Dodge68charger

Thanks! Exactly what i was looking for.
Dodge68charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
jondancer

Where is the horn fuse ?
jondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #5
dmjlambert

The horn is not fused. The only protection that circuit has is the fusible link at the battery. The 12 gauge red wire goes from the battery fusible link all the way to the horn relay by the gas pedal, and from the relay it goes back out to the horn on the 12 gauge dark green wire.

Here is the full wiring diagram.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=302
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #6
1968_K20_4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
I can't believe somebody hasn't posted a pic yet.
VetteVet,

I have a question about the fuse box orientation and the pics you posted on this thread show it well. I notice that some fuse panels are oriented one way (with the A/C fuse at top Left) while others are the other way (with the A/C fuse at bottom right). Was there a reason for this? Does it matter which way it is installed in the truck? Thanks

Ohh uh, I didn't have time to fix everything...
1968_K20_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #7
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968_K20_4x4 View Post
VetteVet,

I have a question about the fuse box orientation and the pics you posted on this thread show it well. I notice that some fuse panels are oriented one way (with the A/C fuse at top Left) while others are the other way (with the A/C fuse at bottom right). Was there a reason for this? Does it matter which way it is installed in the truck? Thanks
It will mount either way but I would look at the wires coming in from the firewall plug behind the panel and mount the fuse panel according to which is the least stressful on those wires.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #8
1968_K20_4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
It will mount either way but I would look at the wires coming in from the firewall plug behind the panel and mount the fuse panel according to which is the least stressful on those wires.

Thanks for the reply. Im rewiring my truck and the donor harness is upside down from the one I pulled out of my truck, just wanted to check if there was a specific way it had to go back in or not.

Ohh uh, I didn't have time to fix everything...
1968_K20_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:00 PM   #9
dartgts68m

I have a problem. My CIG lighter post was burned off, so there is no place to plug in the harness now. The post on the back side of the panel may be an option but its kinda sketchy plugging to that. Any ideas? I have the harness which is not in bad shape for the lighter but there are 2 wires in unisen. The other end of these wires plugs onto the lighter and the other wire is for a small light bulb. Where does that go? The heater controls have there own light and so does the glove box. The wires together are dark green and brown I think. Also, any ideas of how to get the print back on the panel?

Last edited by dartgts68m; 08-10-2023 at 06:27 PM.
dartgts68m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 08:43 PM   #10
dmjlambert

Does your cig lighter harness have a piggy back connector on it like mine, allowing you to plug another thing into the same fuse box terminal? If so, you can just plug the cig lighter harness in the GL BOX SPOT LP terminal and the cig lighter will be fused. Then plug whatever you currently have on the GL BOX SPOT LP into the piggy back connector. If you don't have the piggy back connector, you can alter the harness to add one. You can see in the picture where I did that for some other stuff plugged into the fuse box. The connectors are called single position Packard 56. The plastic is called the connector and the metal tab that attaches to the wire is called the terminal. Both the connectors and the terminals come in male and female varieties and the terminals are sold to accommodate different wire gauges. The cig lighter harness wire is 12 gauge. There really aren't terminals that will properly accommodate two 12 gauge wires as far as I know, so I had to cram mine best I could and solder. Ebay is where I got mine.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2023, 08:46 PM   #11
dmjlambert

Regarding the print, the only trick I know is print fresh labels with a P-Touch label maker and trim and stick them on a nice clean surface. But, I haven't done that on a fuse box and I don't know if they will hold up in the typical automotive environment.
Old 08-11-2023, 05:04 AM   #12
dartgts68m

Thanks for that dmjlambert. I remember what the light bulb wire was for. The ash tray of course, but no idea how it mounts. The panel end was melted and destroyed, so I will have to remake the piggyback that was there with the parts you mentioned.
dartgts68m is offline   Reply With Quote