The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
nxtlevl

Console/Dash Bezel..

Received my dash bezel and full center console today....I am stoked..!! Can't wait to pull the jump seat out and get everything installed. It's definitely going to change the look and feel of the interior. I went with Graphite Gray, because I want to 2-tone the interior using factory parts in GM colors....My interior is currently a medium gray, so these are really going to set it off IMO....
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
MadManAndrew

Re: Console/Dash Bezel..

Ebay? Or new? I'm currently looking for the cover that goes on the bottom of the the dash below the radio, in place of that center console. If you plan on getting rid of yours PM me please. Sounds like it'll look pretty cool though, I've been thinking about doing the same, but aren't you stuck without armrests unless you replace the seats too?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
nxtlevl

Picked them up on eBay..Paid $248 for both parts, and that included super fast shipping...Yeah, I'm on the lookout for some seats with armrests now. Found a set of dark gray ones for $350 locally, but I doubt they will still be around by the time I get the finances together.....
Are you talking about the fold down cupholder piece..?..I was going to sell it with my jumpseat, but if you could get some use out of it you are more than welcome to it..It's a light/med gray color though..Works flawless. Just let me know, and we'll see if we can work something out...............
Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
BLK2K2SILVY

This is a great swap. I've done it in a few trucks. If you got any questions or anything just hit me up!
Posted via Mobile Device
BLK2K2SILVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
nxtlevl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2K2SILVY View Post
This is a great swap. I've done it in a few trucks. If you got any questions or anything just hit me up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks...I'll for sure send you a message if I run across anything.... I'm sure it will be straight-forward though...I opted for the 99-02 console as I couldn't find any of the 03-06 Granite Gray for a reasonable price...I'm deleting the tape deck from the front part, and ordered a pocket to put back in.....
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
BLK2K2SILVY

Yep the 03+ consoles are nice, but hard to find for under $300. They also sit about 2.5" taller so it easier to use as an armrest if you don't plan on replacing your front buckets any time soon!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
nxtlevl

Quote:
Yep the 03+ consoles are nice, but hard to find for under $300. They also sit about 2.5" taller so it easier to use as an armrest if you don't plan on replacing your front buckets any time soon!
Yeah, and it seems like the granite gray ones go for even more than the others...Is it less of a hassle to put the front part in first, and then attach the rest of the console, or is it easier to just put it in as a complete unit..?..
Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
nxtlevl

Much better.......Now to get different seats, and find some more dark gray interior pieces.........
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
BLK2K2SILVY

It looks good in there. Doesn't look out of place. I know someone that would trade you the center piece of the front console that would match your lighter interior. Might make it blend a little better.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
nxtlevl

Quote:
It looks good in there. Doesn't look out of place. I know someone that would trade you the center piece of the front console that would match your lighter interior. Might make it blend a little better.

Thanks.................Actually, you kinda got me to thinking about how that would look now...lol........I'm going to do some darker accents on the doors etc., and paint my overhead console to match....