The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
NJKelly

May need a side window for a 72 Blazer hardtop

Hi All,

Flying to Grand Island Nebraska to drive home 1972 Blazer. Bringing the wife and the two kids. Apparently the side window was broken when it was in the shop to get the AC repaired. My friend was able to get a new top with today which roll off the trailer and broke both side windows. He's hopeful he'll find something tomorrow and have it installed prior to our picking up the truck on Saturday. In the event that he does not find one I wonder if anyone has one to sell. It doesn't have to be in Grand Island but somewhere between there and New Jersey. Appreciate the help guys, thanks.
NJKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
Newtynewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKelly View Post
Hi All,

Flying to Grand Island Nebraska to drive home 1972 Blazer. Bringing the wife and the two kids. Apparently the side window was broken when it was in the shop to get the AC repaired. My friend was able to get a new top with today which roll off the trailer and broke both side windows. He's hopeful he'll find something tomorrow and have it installed prior to our picking up the truck on Saturday. In the event that he does not find one I wonder if anyone has one to sell. It doesn't have to be in Grand Island but somewhere between there and New Jersey. Appreciate the help guys, thanks.
I have a set of side windows with really nice gaskets in nc. Not sure of your route to Nebraska but could probably ship pretty reasonably. There factory clear double wall top windows.
Marc
Posted via Mobile Device
Newtynewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
NJKelly

Re: May need a side window for a 72 Blazer hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtynewt View Post
I have a set of side windows with really nice gaskets in nc. Not sure of your route to Nebraska but could probably ship pretty reasonably. There factory clear double wall top windows.
Marc
Posted via Mobile Device
Appreciate your response but we're not going anywhere near North Carolina. And shipping would arrive after the trip has been completed. Is there a difference in Windows between the double and single? This is a single top. Thanks anyway.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
1rippen6

Single wall is thinner then double wall. Do you need sof-ray or clear? I have a piece of single wall clear not OEM but it is tempered. I should have sof-ray in double wall but would have to check. People have used the double wall before I think DeadheadNM used double wall in his build on a single wall top.
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
Newtynewt

Someone else will surely offer an opinion but I think the windows are interchangeable but gaskets aren’t a perfect fit using double in single because they’re thicker as are double windows. Deadheadnm (I think) recently posted some pics of double in single and there were a couple of creases in the gaskets but he said they work for him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Newtynewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
NJKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rippen6 View Post
Single wall is thinner then double wall. Do you need sof-ray or clear? I have a piece of single wall clear not OEM but it is tempered. I should have sof-ray in double wall but would have to check. People have used the double wall before I think DeadheadNM used double wall in his build on a single wall top.
I'm not sure color of window. Hoping to get one closer to beginning of trip, just in case he can't locate one before I arrive.