The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #351
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Well, we got the new place and started moving in over the summer. Still don't have everything arranged in the shop (to say the least), but the '72 made it into its new home, nestled snugly right up front in the 8000 sq ft machine shed. It won't see any further progress this year, but it's in the best place it's ever been to finally get stuff done once we're settled and the weather is starting to get decent again.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:21 AM   #352
mattfranklin

I know you posted this many years ago, but I just wanted to say I appreciate the level of detail in your front end brake line pics. I'm about to put mine back together and I kind of forgot where everything went, so this really helps.

BTW, you have a great project! Everything is really well documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Got the brake line clips from Inline Tube in the mail last night; about par for the course, they neglected to include the two without tabs that go on the back of the front crossmember. Rather than losing another weekend because of Inline Tube (which is rapidly losing my respect) I cut the tabs off the clips they sent originally and just used those. Looks fine, but still irritating.

Got all the lines secured today. Had to manhandle the front-to-rear line with the funny bends at the front end, but in the end it all turned out nicely. Pics follow.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=567340
mattfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #353
Oldironracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Yeah, I figured that out the hard way, but it's nothing even more money and another week of waiting for parts to arrive won't fix. Aaarggghhh!

In the meantime, I finished up everything I could, which is everything except the fitting at the tank. My only question is about how I routed the line up to the rail and whether anyone thinks it'll be a problem. It's well away from the exhaust and I couldn't come up with a better way to route it without risking interference with something else. I can move it if I absolutely have to, but I hope what I have is okay.

The line is secured every foot or so with stainless cushion clamps. As you can see I used the 12" Dorman double-bead line as-is. Some people have cut it down and put a new flare on one end, but I decided to use my tubing bender and get creative with the routing instead. In retrospect I would have used slightly shallower bends, but it's fine as it is.

Just noticed that the clamp on the right (front) of the fuel pump is slightly crooked. That's gonna bug me until I correct it.

Feedback is appreciated. I don't need my ego stroked but I would like to know ASAP if I did something stupid.
With the fuel pump at the top of the fuel tank in the frame what happens when the tank gets low on fuel. The fuel has to go up hill to get to the pump. They say this pumps will not suck fuel they have too have a gravity feed. It's time for me to do a fuel system and was wondering how this has worked out.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #354
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldironracing View Post
With the fuel pump at the top of the fuel tank in the frame what happens when the tank gets low on fuel. The fuel has to go up hill to get to the pump. They say this pumps will not suck fuel they have too have a gravity feed. It's time for me to do a fuel system and was wondering how this has worked out.
Dearly wish I could tell you, but for various reasons I had to put the project on hold in 2010 and haven't gotten back to it.

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #355
Oldironracing

I had to do the same thing 3 years ago. Just now getting back at it.