The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
fencepost

Can an S-10 swap be done with this frame?

My dad has a 98-2000 model 4 door S-10 jimmy 4x4. Been reading up on the S-10 swaps and love the ideal. He has no intrest in this truck but the running gear is flawless. It has a 4.3 4x4 with overdrive tranny. Haven't been able to find anything on a 4x4 swap other than the rears are what people want. Can anybody shed some light on this question? He also likes flat beds just now thought we could do the truck fenders and cab with a flatbed maybe? Thanks.
fencepost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Can an S-10 swap be done with this frame?

You're asking if you could use the S-10 4x4 frame to do a body swap with a pre-'47 truck body? I don't know the answer but there are a number of vendors listed on the '47-'59 board that probably know the necessary dimensions off the top of their heads. You could call them up and ask what those dimensions are?

I'm willing to go take some rough measurements of my truck to see if it jives with the dimensions you get from those vendors.

My guess is it WOULD work; with modifications of course. There's nothing new/different about that than there would be with using it for a post '47, its just that there aren't a lot of guys with experience to guide you. You'd be trailblazing a little bit. But it would be a COOL ride when it was done.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
fencepost

Red face Re: Can an S-10 swap be done with this frame?

Sorry I've posted this in the wrong area. I was actually thinking 47 and up. Sorry.
fencepost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
70BLAZERX2

you may want to use a pickup frame..the blazer/jimmy frames go up higher in the back than a pickup frame...I have a 93 4door jimmy 2wd frame here i can get pics for you...it is just a rolling frame with no body. right in front of the rear the frame goes up..almost to what a 4 link frame rail would be from summit or jegs.. the pickup frame is more flat to go with the flatness of the bed floor. I will get pics tomorrow for you of the one i have.
70BLAZERX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Dan in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
Sorry I've posted this in the wrong area. I was actually thinking 47 and up. Sorry.

Aw...c'mon! Give a little love to the pre-'47 trucks!

If you look at the other threads on this forum there are starting point truck available inexpensively.

You won't have "...what everbody else has" either with one of these!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 02-16-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote