The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
lj1965

Miranda

Well, I guess I have been lurking long enough to finally post a thread. I have always wanted to get a 67 or 68 and finally had the chance so I jumped on it. My dad had one when I was a kid and it was what I broke in my learner’s permit with (poor clutch). We drove it until the doors fell off, literally.
This truck sat behind my mechanic’s shop for a long time and I would bug him about it whenever I went in to see him. He told me it was his brother’s truck and he didn’t want to sell it. Finally, one day I stopped in and he said his brother was visiting and mentioned selling the truck. Long story short, he sold, I bought.
It looked like it was in pretty decent shape at the time. You know the story, fix the outer rocker, pull a few dents and drive it right?
Anyway, I took it home and my daughter took a keen interest in it so I struck up a deal with her. If she were to help work on it, there was a chance it could be hers.
I named the truck Miranda since my daughter is a Miranda Lambert fan and we got the truck about the same time her song “Automatic” came out. Her song mentions a truck with a three on the tree and fortunately this truck still has hers intact. My daughter thought that was cool.
We will be doing whatever repairs we can to stop the decay and keeping the truck basically stock. My daughter likes the patina look so we will try to keep that look. (Makes me happy) I like the custom modifications and greatly admire a lot of the work on this site but I also originality too.
Attached Images

lj1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
swamp rat

Re: Miranda

Now just keep the interest up and keep at it till its done!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
lj1965

We got the front clip off and started to get a better look at the condition of the truck. The rockers are shot as well as the edge of the floor. The rest of the floor looks pretty good though so far. Will have to replace the bottom of the kick panels and passenger side corner. The box is in pretty good shape except where it looks like a PO used the tail lights instead of the mirrors for backing up.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
swamp rat

Per the rear light area there are replacement quarters available, could save a lot of headache..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:56 AM   #5
lj1965

Thanks for the heads up Swamp Rat. I thought about either replacing the quarter or in a worst case, the whole side but I am going to try to pull out, push in, stretch and shrink what I can and re-evaluate at that point. My goal is to keep as much of the original sheet metal as possible.