The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
jrdv

JRDV Green 69 SWB $X$

A little history first. I bought this truck off E-bay. I only had it in my watch list with no intention of buying it. I watched it for the last 30 minutes of the auction and decided it was too good to pass up. I paid $3601, plus it was only 250 miles from me.
It was just as described, except for a possible cracked head. It was 2 gallons low on coolant and a quart low on oil. The valve covers and intake bolts were leaking lot of oil, but I degreased and tightened everthing and have no more leaks.
The motor was rebuilt about 12,000 miles and 10 years ago. The tranny was rebuilt about 9,000 miles ago and the brakes were completely redone 6,000 miles ago. It can be driven anywhere ( take a little antifreeze along!!) and cruises at 70 MPH with no effort.
The cool factor is that I have a notebook with every receipt of work done since 1974 (including oil changes). I have the build sheet, owners manual in excellent shape, and the brail metal dealer tag with the orginal owners name.
The truck was repainted about 15 years ago, but has the original paint in the bed. It always had a camper on it so there is no rust and very few scratches.

The only rust is in the rockers and a little on the back of the hood edge and a little on top of the cowl ledge.

MY PLAN:
I want to keep it as original as possible with a few mods.
I will replace the cab mounts, steering wheel ( got a mint green on with no cracks), wheels and tires ( 16 inch steelies and 285/75/16 Interco TRUXS tires),
and either a 2 or 4 inch lift.
New trim.
New floor mat
Factory tack and tilt column.
Maybe a new motor--I bought a crate 383 for the 72 4x4, but I may put it in this one. Either way I am going to put a Retrotek EFI on this motor. I haven't bought it yet, but plan to when I decide which truck gets the motor and have time to put it in. I may just put new heads on this motor and drive the heck out of it!!
Now for some pics
PS--check out the license plate---the lady at the DMV found me one with 69 on it!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by jrdv; 02-24-2008 at 10:55 PM.
jrdv is offline   Reply With Quote