The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
68Stepbed

Re: Back in action!!!

Thanks for all the compliments, guys!

For power, it's a carbureted LS1 with a stock bottom end with all new Clevite bearings and Total Seal rings, Improved Racing F-body oil pan baffle kit and windage tray with crank scraper, mild cam, AFR 210cc heads, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 750HP carb, shorty headers, 2.5" pipe with Magnaflow mufflers. It's making 521 hp at 5900rpm, 472 ft/lbs at 4200rpm and the hp was still climbing, but we didn't run it any higher on the dyno. It's probably close to 540 hp at 6500rpm. It's backed up by a 700R4 with upgraded internals, Camaro valve body with shift kit, 2800 stall. Then a 72 truck 12 bolt with 4.11 gears and an Eaton LSD.

As for photbucket, I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to continue to use it until January, then I have to figure out something else.

My son is creeping up on "that age". He'll be turning 15 in December, and I'm sure he'll be wanting to be at the driver's license center that morning when they open. I may let him have a go in the truck on the autocross on a limited basis, but I really don't forsee this truck getting handed down. He has a few different ideas for his first vehicle, but he's not been too picky yet. We may end up with a squarebody C10 of some sort for a driver. He likes the 67-72 C10s, but kinda has his eyes on a 64-66. He even likes the 67-72 and 73-78 F100's. Of course we would LS swap them. LOL I told him I'd help him get a decent driver, but any toys or hot rods, he has to earn on his own. He'll appreciate it more if he has to work for it. He really wants my first car, which is an 83 ElCamino SS. My dad still owns it because it was my first car, which is also why he's attached himself to it. Again, if he wants it, he has to work and earn it.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote